It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 12:09 PM   #1
(male)

jw98 HB User
Just need a bit a reassurance

Hey all, hope all is well with you. I just need a bit of reassurance and hopefully I can find it here. Exactly one week ago, my girlfriend and I were engaged in a sexual activity. Now right before I could ejaculate, my frenulum tore. I can't be sure if it's a complete tear or not, but either way it's healing nicely; at least I think it is. I haven't had sex or masturbated since the incident and I've been regularly applying antibiotic cream to the area.

Here are my problems though: I'm afraid it might grow back shorter and maybe require some sort surgical intervention (frenuloplasty for example) and two, I've been quite traumatized by what happened. Now before it happened, I never had any problem retracting the foreskin while erect. However, now it feels kind of uncomfortable when I get to the base of the glans. Is this normal? Because as I said above, it's only been a week so it's still a bit sensitive. Other than that, everything is fine. I was just wondering if that was normal.

However, I'm kind of traumatized by what happened. There was so much blood, I thought I was going to bleed to death. It didn't really hurt, except for the initial tearing. My God though, the blood. After that fiasco, I'm afraid of having sex or getting a handjob to be honest. For men who have unfortunatly had to suffer the same fate, were you afraid afterwards as well?

That's all I wanted to know. I'm sorry for the lengthy post. Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply. Have a nice day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Just need a bit a reassurance

This is one of the weakest parts of the human body. It is prone to tearing.
Mine grew back not shorter, but stronger. If yours grows back shorter,
you can always have a frenuloplasty, but in my opinion, that is unlikely.
You are doing all the right things, by not masturbating or having sex, until you are completely healed. Mine tore repeatedly for about three months, until I left it alone long enough to fully heal.
I didn't really bleed. I just felt like I was being cut by an exacto knife.
Many, many other men bleed profusely. Once it heals, these memories fade, and lose their power.
Good luck.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
(male)

jw98 HB User
Re: Just need a bit a reassurance

Thank you very much for the response, Tommy. To be honest, I never would have imagined it could tear. But knowing now that yours tore more than once in a short period of time and grew back stronger instead of shorter puts a lot of my fear to rest. I mean, I can still retract my foreskin quite a ways down. It's only when I'm erect that I can't, although it might be more out of fear of it tearing again. It's also good to know that I'm doing the right things by not masturbating or having sex (though that seems to be common sense). Once it heals fully I'll just be more careful.

Thanks again for the response.

Closed Thread