It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
(male)

andrew15 HB User
Nerves and the Feather Test....

I'm trying to get perspective on a potentially scary problem of nerve damage - trying to get other people's experience doing the exact same thing.

Anybody had a Feather Test at the nuero? If not, try it at home with a feather duster or anything similar. I have compared the intensity and quality of the feeling of the feather on the underside and head of the penis v.s. any spot on the leg or hand. Every time the feeling on the penis doesn't seem as complex and subtle - its dull and muted - not as much of the fine touch where the skin feels tingling and alive.

If this is in my head it's pretty convincing - I have trouble climaxing during oral or intercourse, with the intensity of orgasm, and feel the friction of sex more than the pleasure of it alot of times.

If anyone has any feedback from doing this to themselves please let me know.

thankyou

Last edited by andrew15; 01-28-2008 at 02:59 PM. Reason: addition

Old 02-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #2
(female)

ladymonroe HB User
Re: Nerves and the Feather Test....

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew15 View Post
I'm trying to get perspective on a potentially scary problem of nerve damage - trying to get other people's experience doing the exact same thing.

Anybody had a Feather Test at the nuero? If not, try it at home with a feather duster or anything similar. I have compared the intensity and quality of the feeling of the feather on the underside and head of the penis v.s. any spot on the leg or hand. Every time the feeling on the penis doesn't seem as complex and subtle - its dull and muted - not as much of the fine touch where the skin feels tingling and alive.

If this is in my head it's pretty convincing - I have trouble climaxing during oral or intercourse, with the intensity of orgasm, and feel the friction of sex more than the pleasure of it alot of times.

If anyone has any feedback from doing this to themselves please let me know.

thankyou
My partner is currently experiencing this problem as well. We have been researching neuropathy and have recently found reference to diabetes as the cause. He is scheduling an appointment to be tested. Have you consulted your doctor about diabetes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #3
(male)

blackjack89 HB User

I have been completely dull to sexual pleasure for as long as I can remember, so I can sympathize, and would be interested in this question as well.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #4
(male)

andrew15 HB User

Thanks for the response - I have been checked for diabetes more or less - might not have been a true fasting blood sugar check but overall I am not a candidate - I am pretty lean and have no family history of it.

Have your partner checked at the Nuero - problem is the feather is the most advanced test they have for that body part and therefore it is subjective....

Old 02-04-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
(male)

andrew15 HB User

Sorry to hear you have that experience - The reason the feather test captured my attention is that it might show a baseline response to different light touch without adding the emotional and situational variables that come with partner sex....

Closed Thread