It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2008, 11:16 PM   #1
(male)

Pillbox HB User
Major Foreskin Problem, Ruining my life

Maybe somebody can help me it's driving me up the wall. Anyways 25 yr old and pretty healthy. It started out with a pink ring around my foreskin. No problem I thought, I've had this happen before and a good washing and drying usually takes care of it. Well that didn't take care of it and one morning I woke up and around my opening was red and inflamed.So I thought maybe a yeastie down there so I got me some monistat and tried it for a week and it did nothing. So next I try some nystatin ointment with no effect on it. Then it decided to make a new home in my urethra and the bladder! Day by day I could feel it going further and further down.So I went to the doc and she gave me some std tests and ruled out it wasn't a bladder infection or any kind of std. Well no crap I said it started on my foreskin. She gave me some cipro and one diflucan.

I took all the cipro and the 1 diflucan and it cleared out my urinary tract and it no longer burnt when I urinated and it didn't feel like I'd been kicked down there constantly.Meanwhile this crap decides to sit up shop all over my groin area and even in between the butt cheeks. So I have got it out of me but this thing persists to make it's home on my foreskin and glans of my penis. So one morning I wake up and find that my foreskin and glans are a very beet red and the foreskin is swelled a little. It more or less burns but doesn't itch. This crap has even popped up on other parts of my body like my neck!!!!! It just doesn't make sense to me. So I'm fed up with it and I go get me some clortizamole cream.

I've been applying it to my foreskin and these little red blotches that pop up randomly and it doesn't seem to help much.It isn't a raised rash it's just red blotchy skin and it kind of burns with a little itch. I've even went and put alcohol on it and I haven't ruled out trying bleach yet. I'm just at my wits end I can't even have sex no more. I've tried everything on this crap and nobody can tell me what it is or how to cure it.It seems to even like my belt line and it is always itching and burning around my belt. I did notice though back when I could still masterbate without too much pain from this crap, that the glans and the top end of the shaft around the foreskin would get really really red! I also keep a red halo on the glans around my meatus. It's got to be either a fungal or a bacterial infection, it's the only thing I can think of that would do it. I haven't changed laundry detergent or done nothing out of the normal. I just can't figure it out. My girlfriend is really getting irritated and thinking it's all in my head. Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks for looking.

Oh yeah the only place this stuff hasn't irritated me is the soles of my feet or on my head or face it won't go there whatever it is. I thought scabies but a friend of mine had it once and I know it isn't that. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Pillbox; 01-29-2008 at 11:32 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: Major Foreskin Problem, Ruining my life

Back to the doctor, they should know what to do.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:03 PM   #3
(male)

Pillbox HB User

Yeah that is the problem I've been 3 times, started out with the monistat and then the nystatin, None of them have a clue what the crap it is. I can live with the blotches popping up in weird places every now and again. My main concern is just getting my foreskin and tip of my penis back in good condition.

I woke up this morning after a night of the clortizmole on the penis. I didn't feel any major discomfort and went to the bathroom and skinned it back and it looked normal and didn't hurt but after about 30 seconds of me inspecting it the foreskin and glans turned back into a beet red. The beet red has subsided through the day it's still red but not like it was earlier. I'm thinking this is some kind of fungal infection that is resistant Any more advice? It is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-31-2008, 05:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

If it were me, I would go to the largest teaching hospital in the state, or to the largest teaching hospital in a nearby state.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
(male)

Pillbox HB User

I probably would try that but I know that is gonna cost an arm and a leg. I just cannot do that right now. I'm thinking I'll try some cornstarch and see if I can't get some air on it to help it. It is still red but nothing like the flare up I had that day when the foreskin swelled a bit. Any more remedies I could try?

The clortizamole isn't doing nothing but making a hell of a mess in my pants and doesn't seem to be helping as much as it should.

Last edited by Pillbox; 01-31-2008 at 11:15 PM.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Make sure that you keep it all clean, and apply the medication as prescribed, and keep going. Sometimes things like this look as if they are not healing, then suddenly it will all clear up.

Also, stressing about it will make it worse without a doubt. I know it is tough but try not to worry and relax - this will help it to clear up, I know it sounds strange but give it a go. Oh and be patient too.

Maybe set a date as a target that if it has not healed by then you go back to your doctor. You know the timescales so far so maybe say in a week, or 10 days you will go back. The doctor will be able to see if there is improvement or not and will be able to take this further.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:54 AM   #7
(male)

Pillbox HB User

Spunky thanks for the reply. It's still red but it isn't nearly as uncomfortable as it was. This has been ongoing a month at least. So I got to doing some thinking, is there anyway that this could be because it's winter and the air is so dry? It would coincide with all those other blotches I've been getting.

Also I do think the foreskin has some natural secretion glans in it? I don't see how my foreskin could get so dry and irritated and red. It does seem it has been alwfully dry in there lately. Just a thought though! I've been airing it out and it's still just red.

Closed Thread