It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 PM   #1
(male)

yalie22 HB User
Anything wrong with excessive masturbation?

I was just wondering if masturbation with high frequency: like 1-2 times a day, has any long term problems associated with it.

The Following User Says Thank You to yalie22 For This Useful Post:
mcgowan (02-19-2012)
Old 02-12-2008, 04:51 AM   #2
(male)

LeBreezy HB User
Re: Anything wrong with excessive masturbation?

Excessive sexual activity depletes the kidney-adrenal vital energy and its related essence known (according to ancient Asian tradition) as jing. Jing directly tonifies life force, and when deficient, resistance to disease and adaptability to the environment diminishes. Excessive ejaculation in particular reduces jing, draining the body's vitality. According to modern nutrition, semen contains substantial amounts of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to proper immune function. Excessive loss of semen, therefore, taxes the body's stores of these (and other) nutrients.
This being said, if you can't help but to continue your habits, it may be wise to incorporate into your diet an adequate supply of zinc and perhaps some fish oil. As a health professional, I sincerely do not recommend masturbation on such a consistent basis. Healthy levels of such sexual activity would range anywhere from 2-4 times a week (4's pushing it). I must warn that any amount of ejaculation above this range in a given week could easily have you feeling slightly degenerated. However, this does depend on your gender. This post was mainly directed towards the male body. Females need not to worry as much on such a topic unless climax is reached among every attempt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #3
(male)

chaz50 HB User

One to two times a day is not excessive. If it is not interfering in your life in a negative way it is not a problem. It is actually healthy, promotes a healthy prostrate. The only problem that might arrise is your body gets used to a certain type of stimulation, this being said, when you have a gf or bf or whatever your preference, they will not be stimulating you in the same way. But rest assured 1 to 2 times a day is not a problem in fact its healthy. I mentioned the prostrate thinking that this was a teenage boy posting this, however it doesn't mention that in the post, sorry if my assumption is incorrect.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-12-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Inappropriate comment removed.

Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBreezy View Post
Excessive sexual activity depletes the kidney-adrenal vital energy and its related essence known (according to ancient Asian tradition) as jing. Jing directly tonifies life force, and when deficient, resistance to disease and adaptability to the environment diminishes. Excessive ejaculation in particular reduces jing, draining the body's vitality. According to modern nutrition, semen contains substantial amounts of zinc and omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to proper immune function. Excessive loss of semen, therefore, taxes the body's stores of these (and other) nutrients.
This being said, if you can't help but to continue your habits, it may be wise to incorporate into your diet an adequate supply of zinc and perhaps some fish oil. As a health professional, I sincerely do not recommend masturbation on such a consistent basis. Healthy levels of such sexual activity would range anywhere from 2-4 times a week (4's pushing it). I must warn that any amount of ejaculation above this range in a given week could easily have you feeling slightly degenerated. However, this does depend on your gender. This post was mainly directed towards the male body. Females need not to worry as much on such a topic unless climax is reached among every attempt.
besides the eastern myths, the advice to take zinc is a good one. 50mg a day for good prostate health and to build a bigger ejaculate. Fish oil is really good for your cholesterol as well (unless your like me and allergic to fish)

Old 02-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
(male)

ghunt HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBreezy View Post
Whaaaaatever...I don't know where you're getting this stuff, but it sounds like a collection of old wive's tales.

To the original poster: I always have, and continue to, masturbate anywhere from 2-6 times a day (depending on how much free time I have). Basically been doing this since I discovered masturbation and I'm now 27. I have never experienced a loss in "vitality," I have a good sex life with my girlfriend, and in fact she is more apt to fall asleep after sex than I am. I usually feel MORE energetic afterward, she wants to roll over and sleep.

Don't worry about it.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

In My opinion it don't hurt a thing, As for as any health problems later on that depends how well you take care of yourself.
about the only thing masterbating to much is that it just takes longer each time, I don't think it has anything to do with being intmate with g/f, spouse if anything it would help you last longer and the women love that.

Closed Thread