It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #1
(male)

F_C_R_S HB User
Problem getting erections or hard erections, please help!

I am 23 year old male. I have been with my girl for almost 7 years, we are actually engaged.

We have a very good sex life, and I never used to have a problem getting hard.

But lately I have been having problems getting erections, staying hard or having very hard erections. It has twice prevented me and my girl from having sex. In addition, it is psychologically damaging to myself.

I have recently lost quite a bit of weight. I lost 10LBS from Sept 07 to Decem 07 and about 37 LBS from mid January to present date. I have been vigourously exercising for the last 2 1/2 months and have been eating much better and a lower calories dinner. I was 246 in Sept 07 and am 199 today. I am only 5'11 and I just want to get to a healty weight.

I am wondering if I have done damage to my capillaries in my perenium. I do have a recumbent bike at home that I do use to work out sometimes, and I sometimes am sitting on it biking for like over an hour. My butt is often sore when I get up and is sometimes numb. When I am not at the gym or do not feel like going, this is what I am doing.

I feel like when I was heavier and eating higher calorie meals that I was achieving better erections and having a much higher libido.

I feel like my libido is slipping away. I am not turned on as much as before and it is making me feel HORRIBLE about myself. I have been noticing that this has been happening since I started exercising in January.

Should I stop? I really do not want to stop, but if I am somehow damaging myself sexually, I think it may be worth it. I do not EVER want to go back to the weight I was before, so I do not know what to do.

I have heard, eating oatmeal (one bowl a day), taking zinc pills, garlic pills and going to the health food store to find Yohimbe, Damiana and Korean Ginseng will be beneficial to increasing blood flow to the genitals and increasing libido.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited by F_C_R_S; 04-07-2008 at 01:17 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #2
(male)

F_C_R_S HB User
Re: Problem getting erections or hard erections, please help!

Does ANYONE have any advice or help at all. Please I am desperate!

Old 04-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

whytry HB User

Sorry I can't give you any real advice, but I have read that when bodybuilders train hard that they sometimes have reduced sexual performance. Loss of appetite and insomnia are also sighs of over training. However, aerobic exercise for 1 or 2 hours a day should not cause these problems. When I was in my mid 30s, I used to bicycle hard for 8 to 12 hours per week and my sex drive was as high as ever. Losing weight usually results in better sexual performance, so I don't know why it should cause a problem for you.

Perhaps it is your diet. You might be low in your intake of zinc and other minerals that are necessary for sexual performance. I'm not sure what all of them are, but I take 24 mg of zinc daily. Any more than that can deplete other minerals.

The recumbant bike should not cause a problem. I have a recumbent exercise bike downstairs and it does get my butt sore, but I don't think that it will affect your sexual performance. This one reason that recumbents are supposed to be better than narrow seat bikes.

As far as sexual enhancers, do a search on healthboards for Rize 2. We have been discussing it the past month and 3 of us have had really good success with it.

Hopefully, others will have better suggestions than I have. If nothing works then you may have to see a doctor to see if there is something physically wrong. It is possible that the whole thing is psychological. Perhaps you had a problem once and then you started to worry about it and then have even more of a problem because of worry. Just a thought.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:51 AM   #4
(male)

xted35 HB User

The weight loss you have experienced seems on the high side. You may not be eating right and getting essential nutrients. You should get your testosterone checked. You should also alter your workouts and avoid the bike for a while.

Old 04-09-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
(male)

F_C_R_S HB User

Thank you everyone for the responses. I am going to cool it abit with the workouts, I honestly think I have been overdoing it for months and my body needs time to catch up.

I also have begun taking 50mg of Zinc, as well as 120mg Ginkgo Biloba, 750mg Korean Ginseng and 4500mg L'Aginine.

All of this is supposed to be good for T production, blood circulation to the genitals and just overall better health.

Closed Thread