It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
(male)

soonerokie HB User
Vitamin E and Peyronie's

some of you guy's maybe have had the same experience as me. was diagnosed with Peyronie's disease last june and told by my uroligist to take 800 mg of vit E daily and to apply vit E to the bend. last week my cardiologist who is helping me fight high blood pressure told me to stop taking the vit E or to take no more than 200 mg a day if i felt like i had to. he tells me of recent studies that indicate large doses of vit E over extended periods of time can cause serious heart problems. i know this is the urologist first year's attack in hope that the peyronie's will just disapear...me, i decided my heart had to be better cared for than my penis...a hard decision, LOL! has anyone else more to add to this?

Old 04-08-2008, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Vitamin E and Peyronie's

If you are using the vitamin E oil to just your penis, it shouldn't effect your heart, as would if you were swallowing it in a pill form. I've read myself of messaging the oil in to the penis shaft to dissolve the scar tissue. From what I've read it would take up to a year to see any real results. This is an old medical method used back in the '70, '80 that is still suggested by doctor today. Though this method have worked, it doesn't work for all. Surgery is often the only alternative to peronies. If you're wanting to avoid surgery, you should stick to using the vitamin E in the oil form.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
(male)

soonerokie HB User

i've only stopped taking vitamin e internally...using it externally is ok and like you said, over time, it may even help. hope so, because i'm not going to have any surgery...just live with the consequences!

Old 04-08-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

okie,
I'm not sure about the v-e oil it probably will just ease the scar tissue and not really straighten your penis (sorry) but I guess its good for the penis... your right about the heart better safe than sorry, I like to have both in working order too...lol

anyway you might ask your Dr about a ''straighten devise'' they make um I'm just not sure who has them or who you could order one from, its like a cast but not made like one its stainless steel rods that fit on the sides and you adjust it accordly to the feel or if any pain and it holds the penis in a straight postion and you adjust it as to make you comfortable, you wear it 24 -7 and change the tension each week or two.
I just seen it on the internet, you may do a google search.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:19 AM   #5
(male)

soonerokie HB User

appreciate the advice, but not sure i'm ready to wear something 24/7...haven't been on the internet to see designs or anything, but can't imagine how one hides such a device when out and about. think for right now i'll hope for the best and continue to spread the oil!

Closed Thread