It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #1
(male)

matt753 HB User
Question Lack of penile sensitivity

at least that's what i believe is my problem. I am a 26 year old circumcised male, and I have difficulty having an orgasm with my girlfriend when we have sex. It's not impossible, but difficult. we usually have to have sex one night with no result, and then have sex again another night which may produce an orgasm. It's not from a lack of attraction or arousal, and it's definitely not boredom, we will do and have done just about anything excluding anal sex which is a turn off for the both of us. I was wondering if it may be a lack of sensitivity due to the amount and method of masturbation i used. masturbation is my predominate method of sexual gratification as we are a long distance couple and sometimes it will be months in between visits. Sometimes i would masturbate 2 to 3 times a day and sometimes for lengthy periods, my method of masturbation was to work predominantly on the glans with simultaneous squeezing and tugging motions. sometimes my penis would get raw from this, but with a little more lube, i could look past it and continue. i believe that this has led to my sensitivity issues. My question is this: Is there any way to improve on the sensitivity of my penis?

I have taken some steps on my own that seem to be giving me moderate results. I have started to masturbate only every other day at the most. I also now only masturbate with condoms on and by using a latex masturbation device (heavily lubed) that serves as a buffer between my penis and my hand which can be pretty rough. I also now only use thrusting motions rather than doing the work with my hand to simulate the mechanics of sex better in case that is also part of the problem. Lastly i've begun to apply a dab of petroleum jelly to the glans of my penis to keep it moist and hopefully bring out some sensitivity. I'm giving serious thought to beginning foreskin restoration as well.

Any suggestions on things i could try or for things i could do differently would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton guys!

Last edited by matt753; 04-28-2008 at 08:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2008, 12:10 AM   #2
(male)

springbok2007 HB User
Re: Lack of penile sensitivity

Hi Matt. Us circumcised men does sometimes experience less sensitivity than our uncut friends. Were you circumcised as a adult maybe? You masturbate quit regularly and it seems that you are definately a bit to rough on the most sensitive part of your penis. You should maybe stop rubbing the head to much. You cause to much friction and irritation on the glnas skin and then it will become "lifeless" with no pleasure. Rather have a tight grip behind the head. Over stimulating the penis head will then actually cause discomfort and irritation. Even if you use a lot a lube. See, now your penis has become use to this "type" of masturbation and it needs that stimulation when you have sex with your girfriend. That will then cause a lot of frustration and physical hard work to orgasm. The fact that this is a long distance relationship and you only see each other once in a while. Maybe you are also not at ease or relaxed enough.
Keeping the glans moist with petroleum jelly is fine. Before a shower works for me so you wont spoil your underwear. Good luck, hope it works for you!

Old 04-29-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
(male)

matt753 HB User

Hi, springbok. Thanks for the reply. No i wasn't an adult circumcision, just your run of the mill at birth circ. i have however been a heavy masturbator, as i mentioned before, for as long as i've been sexually aware and the years seem to have taken their toll.
as far as being at ease goes, we are incredibly comfortable with each other's bodies so no problems there.
with the petroleum jelly, in your experience have you noticed any increase in sensitivity? i have noticed some minimal differece. My glans is now much softer and smoother and i'm more aware of hot water in the shower and of friction with clothing. i haven't however noticed much of a change when masturbating though. granted i've only been doing this for about a week, and i'm now using a different masturbation technique. I'm staying optimistic that i'll see progress.
still open for suggestions, thanks!

Old 04-30-2008, 12:00 AM   #4
(male)

springbok2007 HB User

Matt. As you know the foreskin of the uncircumcised penis always keeps the glans moist. The circumcised penis glans will in fact dry out and the layer of skin on the glans will thicken. Thats why I from day one after my op (10 years ago) still use vaseline before shower time in the morning and evening and even use uncented body cream after I had a shower at the gym. This for me works and I can notice if I skip for a week or two. I cannot garentee that your sensativety will increase though, but you have noticed a difference and that is good. I still think that your masturbation technique might be a bit hard on your Mr. but that you have change now.
I dont now if other men take "care" of their Mr. like this and if it made a difference for them. And best of all, my girlfriend actually think its "cool" that I take care of the package!!
Vitamin E oitment is very good for skin. You can get at the pharmacy and dont laugh, but at the baby section you should find a vitamin e oitment for baby skin that will be soft to apply to your glans before bed time. So maybe change from petroleum jelly to something that feeds the skin. I have used it..just an idea. Cheers

Old 04-30-2008, 12:09 AM   #5
(male)

springbok2007 HB User

Matt. Sorry, I forgot to mention. You mention you can feel more friction against your cloting (boxers). A good sighn for you, but although boxers are "healthy" to wear, I changed from loose boxers to soft tighter type undies as the friction is too much in the traditional boxer short. Much different and more comfortable for me. Maybe you want to try.

Old 04-30-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
(male)

tattman HB User

Matt753 in my honest opinion I would stop masturbation for a month. Just stop today and let your penis have only the normal sensations from nothing.
I would think that after a week at least of non masturbation and you have sex you will be able to ejaculate while having sex.
I just think you are overworking your penis. And this is my honest opinion. Stop and I think it will most certainly improve.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
(male)

matt753 HB User

Thanks a ton for your suggestions! I have purchased some softer underwear and some baby lotion with vitamin E, both of which i love so far. I'm also trying to abstain from MB or sex for longer periods of time. So far i seem to be making gradual progress. Has anyone gone through or is currently going through a foreskin restoration? just wondering what kind of results anyone has gotten from that.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I have heard that foreskin restoration through stretching takes a long time, from one to three years. I have also heard that many men think it was well worth the effort. It can restore a great deal of sensitivity.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #9
(male)

matt753 HB User

i've decided i'm gonna go the restoration route. hopefully this works. I'm still open to any other suggestions in the mean time

Old 04-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #10
(male)

gillbates HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt753 View Post
i've decided i'm gonna go the restoration route. hopefully this works. I'm still open to any other suggestions in the mean time
Ok bud, I wasn't gonna join this board or say anything but you need to know. I'm 36 uncirc, I have the same problem.

I found this thread extremely useful. I used to belive that getting circ'd would increase my sensitivity. I now see that guys like you are thinking of reversing it? Insane.

I've learned from this thread and will put the practice in place.

This stretching...may it be your last option!!! Take it from me. If you can't blow now, this likely won't help. Trust me, I have one.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #11
(male)

walterjames HB User

Matt I am 48 and circumcised and I am having similar problem. During sexual activity it seemed as though my penis was almost numb.
It need a lot of attention to get going. I thought about foreskin restoration but too time consuming. Mens Max or restore max is a penis cream and is too much $$$.

As men we don't pay much attention to the skin care of our penis, in the mens room it is a quick out and in back in the pants. Any thing else and you are a pervert. My wife once asked "Don't you guys wipe after peeing" I told her we just shake and put it back. A circumcised penis takes a lot of abuse.

I stumbled upon your post looking for men in a similar situation. But what I have been doing is;

Applying a body cream with vitamin e 2-3 times daily.

Once a day I pierce a vitamin e gel cap and apply the vitamin e oil, usually at night before bed.

The third is when I shower I use about a tablespoon of whole milk or whipping cream as a body wash. I rub that on to the skin of my penis wait 2-3 minutes then rinse well.

I don't know if any one item is working or it is a combination that is working but after 3 weeks I have much more sensitivity, my gland skin is softer, before I started the skin on the head of my penis looked dry and cracked. The dry cracked area is now much smaller. Erections faster and harder.

Is it the vitamin e? Don't know some clinical tests show it does not help with scar tissue.

The milk? The lactic acid helps to loosen dead callous skin some truth to that. lactic acid is an ingredient in many skin and body creams. For my own use I have been documenting with photos and there is a difference after 3 weeks. The skin is looking the way it looked 20 years ago.

As with anything test a small area first be sure you have no adverse reactions, I don't know about being lactose intolerant and skin use so use caution if that is the case, could be a problem. Avoid creams with a lot of alcohol. Caution with oil based creams and latex condom use. OIL BREAKS DOWN LATEX. Consult your doctor with questions or concerns.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Good for you. Congratulations on your success with this, and for sharing it with others.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 PM   #13
(male)

FiveNo HB User

Thanks for your encouraging information. I will try your strategy working on creating sensitivity in the penile. Your suggestion is something I never thought of before. I always tried to treat my sensitivity issue internally within the body. I never thought about externally treatment. I always thought keeping the body clean would help but I never took into consideration of penile pampering. I hope this work for myself as well and I will be in tune to this thread. Thanks for keeping hope alive.

Closed Thread