It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2008, 07:54 PM   #1
(male)

rubens1234 HB User
SSRIs to Prevent Premature Ejaculation

I went to the doc today and he gave me Fluoxetine (Prozac) to prevent premature ejaculation.

I have a few questions:
1) Do people recommend Prozac over the other SSRIs? I'm just curious as to the various side effects, etc. He didn't really discuss the others. He just said Prozac was the one they used (this was at a major hospital in NYC)

2) Do I really need to take it every day? I saw one thread here where a guy said he took 20mg every other day. The doc told me to take 20mg every day.

I tried to tell him I had taken lexapro a few times in the past (not regularly but just on demand) and it seemed to help a little. He said this wouldn't work.

So basically any input on Prozac versus the other SSRIs would be appreciated. I wish Dapoxetine was on the market. I saw some site overseas that claimed to be selling it but I assume it is not true.

Old 05-29-2008, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: SSRIs to Prevent Premature Ejaculation

SSRI can cause complete loss of sexual desire & ED problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
(male)

rubens1234 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinL View Post
SSRI can cause complete loss of sexual desire & ED problems.
Yes I have heard of that but that is not my problem. Plus my doctor told me sense I am younger it should not affect my desire much. My problem is PE and that is what he's treating me for. SSRIs are supposed to be very effective but I'm just trying to get the best one and the dosing.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

It doesn't matter how old you are, it can and often does have a negative effect on your sex drive and/or can severely impede your ability orgasm at all. Basically, you won't have the PE anymore, however, you may end up with quite the opposite problem. This happened to my husband when he was on Zoloft (SSRI). He was only on it for two weeks and he couldn't take it anymore and neither could I (very uncomfortable for the woman). These drugs lower your testosterone and can cause sexual problems in otherwise healthy individuals. Just browse the web, there are entire websites and message boards out there dedicated to people (men and women) dealing with these particular problems with these drugs. I myself was on Prozac for depression and anxiety for many years and my sex drive is still extremely low even though I'm now off of it. I never had this problem before the Prozac, btw, I was actually quite interested in sex back then. Yes, I'm a woman, but one's gender is irrelevant with these types of drugs. Think twice before going this route, it can and does cause long term sexual dysfunction. Not to get too personal, but I wonder if masturbating more might help your problem. It helps my husband.

Last edited by kittywitty; 06-01-2008 at 09:04 PM.

Old 06-03-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Do you want this for PE?
If your not lasting long in bed?
try the start and stop method, while masterbating when you feel the erge stop for a minute or two but keep the erection ,do this for serveral times during.....you can learn how to control the pc muscle..it may take a month or two but it will work....and while having intercourse you may still feel that erge in a couple minutes just remember to control it like when you masterbate...
over sensitive penis is what causes pe....also wait until your partner has her orgasm before doing deep thrust. usally if you can feel the erge and stop...then start back you will last longer and the more you do that the longer you can last and be able to control when you ejaculate.

Closed Thread