It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #1
(male)

fwa1981 HB User
Exclamation Zinc supplements and morning erections

Hi

I have read a lot about Zinc and its role in helping achieve morning erections and overall increase in sex drive. I have started taking Zinc 50mg (as Zinc gluconate) by GNC for the last two days but yet have to experience any change. So far no morning erections. Any ideas? Moreover, what other supplements can prove helpful? Thanks

Old 07-19-2008, 09:36 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Zinc supplements and morning erections

Zinc has been reported to naturally increase T production. However, this won't happen overnight, thus, the reason why you haven't noticed anything yet. Additionally, I think it takes more than what you're taking, but I'm not exactly sure. You'll need to research the topic to ensure you're taking the correct amount.

Some more information would be helpful....Such as your age, and reason for asking the question. Also, have you experienced other problems?

If you're simply looking for a quick fix with erections, the supplements "Ginkoba" and "L-Arginine" are helpful. Both improve the blood flow throughout the body, which also includes the penis of course. With both of these supplements, you will notice changes within a day or so....Not so much regarding AM erections, but erections in general. Your AM erections are directly tied to your T production and utilization. Normally, the absence of AM erections is an indication that one's T is low.

A simple blood test by your GP will reveal your T levels and if needed, an appropriate course of action can be recommended. If found to have low T, I 'd recommend a Urologist or Endo as this is their speciality. A lot of this depends on your age and overall medical condition....This is why I asked the question initially.

Good luck.

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

If supplementing with zinc you need copper to balance things off. The thing is, how much of each do you take and how long do you have to take it to see a difference. I highly doubt you will see an improvement within two days. It could take weeks or months 'if' you are on the right dosage.

If it's a testosterone issue then i doubt the zinc will do all that much. Might be better to get your hormones checked out. While you are at it you should get your doctor to do a full thyroid check up as unbalanced thyroid hormones are well know for affecting some peoples sexual function.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:27 AM   #4
(male)

WasFatNoMore HB UserWasFatNoMore HB User

See your doctor. These things may be embarrissing to us but is just business to them. He can do the tests to see if everything is up to snuff.

Closed Thread