It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
(male)

LLOD HB User
Adult Circumcision 4 days ago -- A few questions

I'm 18 years old and have had a significant case of phimosis my entire life. After manual stretching failed, I went to my urologist who thought that it may have been linked to the short frenulum. A frenulotomy and preputioplasty later, and still no results, I had exhausted all of my options other than circumcision.

On Monday I went in for the procedure under general anesthesia. I told my urologist that I do not want the circ TOO high and tight, but not too loose either. Upon unwrapping my compression bandage Monday night (per urologist's instructions), I noticed that the stitch line is not directly behind the glans, but rather, was 3 mm behind the dorsal side of the glans, and directly behind the top of the glans.

The part of the shaft that the skin is stitched to is swollen as expected, but I noticed on the dorsal side, right where the frenulum was, there seems to be almost a bubble of some sort, which has been a source of mild bleeding since the operation. Again I was told to expect some bleeding. I've placed loose gauze around the stitch line, and replaced it roughly every 12 hours.

A few of the things I want to know are:

- What is that bubble? It seems like a swollen part of the frenulum. I had a frenulotomy, but I don't know how much of the frenulum was cut. Is this normal? It doesn't hurt, but seems to be the only part of the stitching that still bleeds.

- What kind of circumcision will result from the cut being not immediately behind the glans?

- For those who had a circ done in their later years (i.e. non-infancy), how long did it take for the glans to become less sensitive to boxers, etc? As in, how long did it take to feel normal again?

- How long until the swelling went all the way down? The pain has more or less subsided, but the swelling is still there.

- How long til you had your first post-circ masturbation? Just out of curiosity, because morning erections when you can't masturbate.

- Speaking of morning erections, did any of you come up with any creative ways to subside night time/morning erections? I can't go on sleeping in 2-3 hour segments and being awoken with a sore penis for very long haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- LLOD

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-12-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 01:18 AM   #2
(male)

springbok2007 HB User
Re: Adult Circumcision 4 days ago -- A few questions

Hi buddy
I know exactly what you are going through. I have experienced the same at age 27. The worries that you have is normal and be sure that you will be good in about 2 - 3 weeks.
1. The bubble might be some built up fluids with some swelling. The puffyness will go away. Just keep the wound clean with some warm salty water.
2. I think it muts have been difficult for the dr to cut too close to the glans. Most will be about 1cm behind the glans. In some cases the cut might even be as far as 3cm. Mine is 1cm behind the head and its perfect, not to tight but not too much loose skin. Again, you will only really know once everything is healed. It all depends on how much skin the dr removed.
3 Expect irritation in the beginning. Try wearing close fitting undies and not loose boxers. Over sensitivity will slowly go away. All men are different.
4 Swelling might be visible for as long as 1 month. My swelling was really bad. A very desturbing site at that time.
5 I would say you have to stop masturbation for at least 3 - 4 weeks. Rather not pull on the skin. When the stithes has been romoved and all looks properly healed, but you are still unsure, you might want to put on a condom, lube it on the outside and play slowly.
6 Night erections is a problem, but not much you can do. Dont drink fluids before bed time and empty your bladder.

You should be ok. Hope you will be satisfied with the new look and even better the end of your problems.

Good luck

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-12-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:08 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I am glad you explored all your options before going for a circumcision.
That being said, I think you did the right thing. All sounds normal to me.
The lump on the frenulum could be a buildup of lymph. It sounds harmless to me as well, but ask the doctor if you get the chance. You will get a little more movement in your skin, having opted not to have the high and tight, which I see as a very good choice on your part. The only thing to be careful of, is to prevent any adhesions, by using something like vaseline, so that the wound on the glans does not attach itself to the wound on the foreskin remnant.
I wish you a speedy recovery, and a lot of fun with your new model penis.

Old 09-14-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
(male)

LLOD HB User

Alright, 20 days after the operation, and I have a problem. The left side has healed perfectly, all the stitches are out, etc. The right side, there's about a 1 cm long gap where the circ line did not grow together. I'm seeing my doc on Friday. Does anyone know how this can be remedied? Extra stitches? Skin glue? Any help is appreciated.

- LLOD

Old 09-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Please let us know what fixes this. Thanks, and good healing with it.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
(male)

tasha451 HB User

It's been almost two months since you were circumcised so things should have settled down by now. I was circumcised at age 40 and my only regret is that I wasn't done sooner. As far as the sensitivity goes, I had kept the skin back for a number of years so I was usto to it. It took about two weeks for the stitches to dissolve and I masterbated about the same time. Intercourse occured a few days later and was great. You won't be sorry that you were cut.

Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #7
(male)

ilovelamp HB User

hey, I just had a circumcision done yesterday, and I seem to be having the same issue that you had regarding a weird bubble of flesh on just behind where the frenulem was removed. Again, its the only part thats still kinda sore, and is still bleeding a bit.

Did you find out what this was? what did you do, or how did it go away?

You seem to be the only other person I have been able to find on the net with this problem, so I'd really appreciate a response - its freaking me out a bit...

Cheers in advance

Old 08-16-2009, 12:24 AM   #8
(male)

LLOD HB User

Hey man. I found that this was just a part of the swelling, which was especially pronounced since I had a frenulotomy done just weeks before the circ. It subsided within a month. Unless you also had a frenulotomy done, you should be even quicker. Good luck!

Old 08-16-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
(male)

thereds HB User

Hey guys, I had my circumcision done 12 days ago and had some problems with mine too that I wasn't sure about...

After the procedure the nurse told me to go for a pee just to make sure things were all working, went to the toilet and holy hell, took the bandage off and it was massively fat...anyway, was sick, went back to find the surgeon immediately and he told me that where they burn the nerve endings slightly to stop the bleeding, one had come off and a haematoma had formed...anyway, not nice but was re-operated on and had 1/4 a pint of clot and blood taken out.

Anyway this is the 12th day, and after seeing doctors again for antibiotics for the infection that had formed, the swelling is started to go down, still bleeding slightly, and still a bit worried about how it will heal having had these bleeds during the night, but its going down and starting to sort itself out so fingers crossed and all that.

As for the sensitivity in clothing, I am still a bit, but around the head and majorly bruised areas has very much started to feel better...'ilovelamp' I would imagine you are still fretting quite a lot about it seeing as it was very recent, but believe me buddy any major concerns see the GP, if you are ok to leave it to heal then it will honestly start to take shape better !!

Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User

Keep us posted. How are things now?

Closed Thread