It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
(male)

Argamemnon HB User
Can a sexless life cause anxiety?

Perhaps a strange question, but I'm a 32 year old male, and have never experienced sex/intimacy. In the past 2 years I have suffered more from anxiety and depression than before.

Can any of you imagine not experiencing love and intimacy at age 32? Do you think you would have felt very depressed, like me?

Last edited by Argamemnon; 09-19-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 AM   #2
(male)

howerd HB User
Re: Can a sexless life cause anxiety?

Hey man, every human is different, with different needs and emotional/physical desires. Have you never been motivated to have sex, or are you shy in such a way that it's inhinbited you from pursuing relationships? Either way, it's nothing to be ashamed of or let negatively influence your self esteem.

As for the anxiety, I suspect you're dealing with some emotional issues that probably cause both your lack of sexual activity AND your anxiety and depression. In other words, your anxiety may reflect issues larger than just your sex life.

I would suggest talking to a counselor, psychiatrist, psychologist, etc. There's no reason to internalize your feelings - getting them out in the open with a professional can only help.

Most of all, hold your head up - you're probably a great human being who shouldn't let your sex life define you as a person. Life is about so much more than just having sex or having a girlfriend ...

Seriously, talk to a professional so you can lick the anxiety, and when you're ready and you meet the right girl, nature will take its course like it has untold times before.

Good luck,
Eisenhower

Last edited by howerd; 09-20-2008 at 01:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2008, 02:18 AM   #3
(male)

Argamemnon HB User

Thank you so much for your kind words.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 AM   #4
(male)

Jack5678 HB User

I am 28 ... only experienced true sex once and that was after waiting more or less as long as you. A sexless life does cause anxiety and stress in abundance, I think you know that but it is nice to share this with you as being both in the same boat, we can take strength at least from that.

Being highly virile, my main gripe is that I am wasting my potential at a key young age.

Last edited by Jack5678; 09-22-2008 at 12:40 AM.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
(male)

FearUntilClear HB User

You know, paying for it could show you that life really isn't all about sex.

Have you no desire to pursue a relationship with anyone?

What's stopping you?

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Many people can undoubtedly understand how you feel, and people older than you have given up on finding their soul mates as it hurts too much to keep looking and not finding it. So, you are hardly alone in missing out on love. Indeed, thousands of love songs have been written about it. Heck, "I Know I Need to be in Love" by the Carpenters was written for people like this.

But, if you just sit around a feel sorry for yourself, how are you going to find that special girl? If you tell us what you think it is about yourself that prevents you from meeting other women, then maybe we can help you. Otherwise, seek some professional help. Ask friends to help you. Get out and do things where woman hang out. There is certainly someone out there.

Closed Thread