It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
(male)

e1cannon HB User
Wife has no sex drive

my wife has had no sex drive for years. Before kids she had a great sex drive and we were evenly matched. Now that our kids are in college and high school, she has no drive AT ALL. I still have a good drive and am tired of taking care of things by myself...

Old 09-24-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
(male)

Pioneer HB User
Re: Wife has no sex drive

well when you find the answer to that .. let me know. Ive tried EVERYTHING. Ive even stooped to things I would NEVER do (sitting through her daily soap shows and buying her special things) just for hopes of getting some.

Ive even tried making sure she feels extremly special and hours of cuddling while sitting there with my drive going crazy. What id give for just 5 minutes .. Its not like im asking for it every day.

So I feel for you man im right there .. sad part is im only in my upper 30s so I have a longggggggggg way to go yet and she doesnt feel theres a problem. Talking to her about it only leads to "ooh stop" from her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

Menopause maybe? I'm going thru the same thing with my wife, but her problem is menopause. We talk about jumping each other's bones, so to speak, and how I turn her on, but when you get right down to it, there's always an excuse. Her excuses usually, 98 percent of the time are valid ones. Even with the meds. Her hot flash's night and day would kill any womens mood to have sex. Like you, I take care of myself most of the time. I'm a patient man though, realize her health problems. I know that she wants to but when she's not having a hot flash, she's trying to catch up on the sleep she doesn't get because of the hot flash's and mood swings. Sure we still have sex but it's not near enough. What do you thing your wifes problem is? Could she too be going thru menopause?

Last edited by cleansweap; 09-25-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

BC pills, anti-depressants can cause loss of sex drive.

High estrogen and/or low testosterone can also cause low sex drive

Get them tested at the doctors office.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
(female)

andiesq70 HB User

Hi fellas, unfortunately it is common for women to lose sex drive (lack in libido) and there are many things that contribute to this------whether it is physical or psychological causes. I thought somewhere along the line I heard around 30's and 40's is when it hits the most, but I may be wrong. It sounds like you are all very patient and understanding and I applaud you for that because I'm sure it's not always easy. My husband would have sex every night if I was up for it but that is not what happens, it is a few times a week, which he thinks is not enough! LOL! He is in his early 40's and I am late 30's, so from a woman's point of view I would love to please him all the time but find it hard to want to when it comes right down to it. I agree with JinL that they should go in to their doctor and maybe find out what may be causing them to lose their libido. Cleansweep-----that is too funny about you and your wife talking like that, my husband and I do the same thing and I have the same reaction that your wife does sometimes. Good luck guys!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
(male)

Alprem HB User

Sentia pills can help her. My wife lost her sex drive after we had problems in bed, then she didn’t want to have sex at all. She returned her libido after one month of using Sentia.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:02 AM   #7
(male)

txrednck1 HB User

what are sentia pills and how do they work and where do you get them?

Closed Thread