It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM   #1
(male)

dcb776 HB User
Penis shrinks when seeing medical professionals.. please help

My penis is usually between 4.5" and 5" when soft, but whenever I see a doctor or surgeon my penis shrivels up to less than an inch, loads of foreskin gathering up the skin feels tight and slightly painful if I push the penis back out.

I've always been a bit nervous when seeing medical people, one of them said that being nervous around them was called white-coat syndrome, but can being nervous shrink the penis? It's really embarrassing considering I've been going back and forth with a hernia (so they get to see everything).

Thanks.

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #2
(male)

mpcsb HB User
Re: Penis shrinks when seeing medical professionals.. please help

Unfortunately I have the opposite problem, everytime I go in for my physical I get rock hard when it's time to drop my pants - it's very embarrasing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2008, 05:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

Like mpcsb, I too have just the opposite problem. I have to consentrate on something odd, so not to get an erection. Maybe you should try consentrating on something as well, something that will start an erection, just enough to wake up your hiding penis.lol..

Old 10-02-2008, 05:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

relax, guys. the medical professionals have seen it all, and couldn't care less. you know how work feels to you? that's how it feels to them, too.
they have men who ejaculate, and they simply hand them a tissue.
if your penis looks small and unaroused, they are counting their blessings.

Last edited by tommy124; 10-02-2008 at 05:59 AM.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Yes, the doctors don't care. They have seen them all and they will forget yours after they have seen the next patient. And, too, they are well aware that many men do tend to shrink up due to either nervousness or too cold of an office. You could try to think sexual thoughts while waiting for the doctor to come in but what difference will it make if you are hanging 1" or 5"? Even if you make it more normal in size, again, the doctor will forget about it after the next patient. Now, if you ejaculate on a doctor, they might remember that for two or three more patients....

Basically, stop worrying.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

You are not alone in shrinking, in fact I reckon this happens much more than the first answers you got to your post. It is perfectly normal, so I wouldnt worry. Not much you can do about, so why worry? Worry about things you can do something about!

Closed Thread