It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

liverpool33 HB User
Itchy red penis after sex - Help !

Hello can anyone help me with this problem.

Every time my wife and I have sex the next day i come out with like a carpet burn on the head ... but under the skin of my penis.
2 days later it turns into like tiny red dots itchy rash.
It will then go away until the next time we have sex then comes again.
However we've both had blood & urine tests and the doctors have gave us both the all clear.
Since then we've had sex then ' Here we go' the same red burn came the next day - 2 days later the itchy red rash.

I just dont know what to do anymore it's put me right off sex
can anyone help please ???

Old 10-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Itchy red penis after sex - Help !

It sounds like she has a yeast infection with no symptoms, which she is passing on to you. You both need to be treated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Has this always happened or did it recently start? Do you use a condom? If so, if might be an allergic reaction. If not, what about lubricants? Same issue. If you had a yeast infection, I don't think symptoms would come and go like they have been.

If you don't use a condom, then try using one to see what happens and let us know. Otherwise, maybe you should see a dermatologist.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
(male)

liverpool33 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
Has this always happened or did it recently start? Do you use a condom? If so, if might be an allergic reaction. If not, what about lubricants? Same issue. If you had a yeast infection, I don't think symptoms would come and go like they have been.

If you don't use a condom, then try using one to see what happens and let us know. Otherwise, maybe you should see a dermatologist.

Thankyou for the replys. I would say this has only come since we've had two children so in the last few years. When i use a condom ...Sex isnt the same but .. NO.. i dont get any problems after. Also dont get any problems if i masturbate ... it's just sex !!
One other thing it's also since the kids have come along , i've started to have tighter foreskin ... and the head of the penis is more pale also had inflammation in the pipe.
thankyou for your time.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:24 AM   #5
(male)

liverpool33 HB User

Sorry to trouble you again.
My wife has made a good point since we had our 2nd child
she has had a rod put in her arm as a form of contraception, We are wondering if this has anything to do with the rash I get on my penis after sex, whether there is something in the rod that gets released that my not agree with me ??????

Old 10-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I would say it's sounding more like a yeast problem than anything else. She may have a very mild case and you only react to it after intercourse. It may have something to do with her pH balance (which may in turn come from the rod or just be an asymptomatic yeast infection), but ultimately, your penis isn't taking well to the current environment. Both of you should be checked especially since you say your foreskin is tighter (a common result of chronic yeast infections).

Good luck.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
(male)

kadem HB User

Seems to be a simple lubrication problem. Your wife might seem wet enough for sex around her lips but deep inside your rubbing dry on dry.

I had a similar experience which caused further complications - see the chronic burning scrotum thread in men's health.

Tactfully suggest using something like KY jelly for prevention, and treat with a powerful re-moisturiser like Eucerin. Also anti-histamines for subsequent heat rash.

And don't use soap in that area, just a mild moisturising lotion.

Last edited by kadem; 10-24-2008 at 01:01 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to kadem For This Useful Post:
lightning333 (05-20-2012)
Old 10-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #8
(female)

confused226 HB User

I wanna say it's a uti or a yeast infection without your wife having any symptoms (and that's possible), but if it's showing up on the blood and urine tests that she's clear of any infections then it obv. can't be that.

If you're not getting this after condoms and lubricants then obv. it isn't an allergy or sensitivity.

Look up the form of BC she has inside of her and see what it can cause during sexual intercourse (if anything). I can't think of what it can be, unless it's the way you're having sex? Maybe it's an irritation to something. Could it be something she's using (soaps like summer's eve..)..you know, those women's soap thingies...

Does it burn when you're having sex? Or it's just afterwards you notice the bumps and the itchiness?

*~Chrissy~*

Old 10-25-2008, 04:09 AM   #9
(male)

liverpool33 HB User

First of ALL ! A big thankyou to all you that have posted. We have read every reply with great interest.
We dont tend to use any lubs ,or condoms, so all the answers you nice friendly people have come up with .. we will take with us to the doctors and take it from there.
Thankyou again and take care .

Closed Thread