It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

bocajack HB User
Question Unable to Ejaculate? Why won't the semen come out?

I am a 53 yr old man, in good health. No STDS, HIV Negative, Just had a complete physical, in great health. Three months ago I decided to become celibate, so I stopped having sex, and masturbating. A few weeks ago decided to masturbate. I am able to maintain a great erection, and at the point or Orgasm, which is HUGE, that is when the *** should come out of the penis,but the is nothing! I heard it might go into the bladder? If so what is causeing me not to ejaculate. I take AVODART to shrink an enlarged prostate, along with FLOMAX.The FLOMAX also is to stop frequent urges to urinate. Could somone with any medical knowdledge pls help me,it is driving me crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Unable to Ejaculate? Why won't the semen come out?

There is a valve that closes off the urinary tract during ejaculation. If the valve doesn't close, the semen will go up into the bladder. When you urinate, you may be able to see the semen (your urine will appear cloudy). If this continues, tell your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2008, 03:13 AM   #3
(male)

EB02 HB User
Re: Unable to Ejaculate? Why won't the semen come out?

Retrograde ejaculation is a common side effect of Flomax. In retrograde ejaculation, orgasm is normal, except the semen goes backward into the bladder. It is later expelled from the body mixed with urine. Basically, the Flomax has relaxed the sphincter of the bladder to the point that it no longer shuts off at the point of ejaculation as it normally would. Under normal conditions, when the sphincter is closed, the semen shoots out of the penis through the urethra. If the sphincter is loose or open, the semen will follow the closest path of least resistance, which is the bladder. You should feel the pulsing of the ejaculation as normal and if you are able to concentrate will notice that the semen is going backward. You should also be able to see the semen, which has a different consistency, in the urine at the next urination if you examine closely. I found the sensations of retrograde ejaculation to be too weird and returned to normal ejaculation after stopping the drug. You will probably need to decide between the benefits of Flomax or expelling your semen through normal ejaculation unless your doctor has a better idea. At least you are having good orgasms.

The Following User Says Thank You to EB02 For This Useful Post:
CFNL1 (06-19-2012)
Closed Thread