It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #1
(male)

boscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB User
Libido, Testosterone question help

Guys

Very healthy 44 year old man, been having some small gastro issues but for a few years but nothing horrible. Have also noticed a decline in erection quality etc. for about same period of time...libido good erection quality failing

Prior had no health issues and no libido issue/erection issue etc. strong like bull

Stomach issues got worse in end of this summer as did my erection issues and overall mental attitude etc. began to go down both from physical health and now what I suspect was T levels falling down.

Ran some tests and found out had some inflamatory degistive track issues...

Recieving treatment for stomach and things are much better...thank god.

additionally it looks like it stomach inflamation was messing with my entire system and even driven down my T-levels. In reading several people including Shippen's book suggests chronic inflamatory disease can cause decline in T-levels.

I was tested and found to be at a low 320, no prior numbers but based on a variety of factors Doc seemed to think I was up in the 800 range prior to the start of my chronic condition... based upon body type etc. and his forward thinking of men should colaspe at 40.

He placed me on Androgel and wow what a change in my mental attitude and how I felt phsically...back in the gym muscles felt better etc...less anxiety temper undercontrol, less mental stress etc....feeling much better been on it 6 weeks.

Re-tested all areas and T raised up to 520 and all other levels stayed in acceptable ranges including estrogen. Erection quality is better but not anywhere near where it was a few years ago prior to the stomach issues showing up. Really want to get it back to a more consistent and qualitive basis and doc agrees.

Doc now wants to take me off Androgel and try some T-Injections...wants to see how I feel (erection quality etc.) at say a 800+ level. Feels he can get me to that level quickly with injections as the gel is not working well enough for me. I am fine with this but wondering about an exit strategy...don't want to be on T forever. Might my system come back on line now that my chronic condition is undercontrol and not stressing my body? If so how would I know?

Would HGC along with T be better? Doc says he is not real familar with it....I would like nothing better than to revert back to own system. I however cannot go back to limp and under performing....where I am now at 520 is not acceptable from performance standpoint I need to get to a higher level to have an adequate and consistent sexual performance.

So if its for life so be it but if there are alternative plans I want one. I don't want the short term cure to ruin me for a long term plan.

What should I feel on the shots...positive negative...how often do I need one to keep at a decent level?

Any thoughts help suggestions.

Lou

ps. married two kids vasectomy so not worried about fertility...just recreation...and feeling good. Health otherwise excellent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 09:02 AM   #2
(male)

boscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB Userboscot HB User
Re: Libido, Testosterone question help

nobody has any thoughts?

Hayfarmer?

Old 12-16-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

I am no expert on this, but I tend to believe that a proper diet (with enough animal protein and fats and not too much fruit) and plenty of good sleep plus some exercise is much much better than injections. It may take some time, but it's always much safer (no side effects) and more effective (also in terms of money). My two cents...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-16-2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Old 12-17-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendulum View Post
I am no expert on this, but I tend to believe that a proper diet (with enough animal protein and fats and not too much fruit) and plenty of good sleep plus some exercise is much much better than injections. It may take some time, but it's always much safer (no side effects) and more effective (also in terms of money). My two cents...
Pen...

thanks for the thoughts...but eating well and exercising is not the issue...I have done both my entire life. Stomach issues caused a reduction in both ability to eat and exercise but that was not my issue.

Need help to get back to where I was thru no direct fault on my own.

Curious as to some of the others here who have done supplemental T etc. and what I might do and what I might expect for a long term plan.

Lou

Old 12-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
(male)

jcbrobeck HB User

I have been taking A-testosterone shots for over 15 years. I have a little known syndrome called Klinefelters. Anyway I take 200mgs, 2 times a month,

Old 12-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
(male)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbrobeck View Post
I have been taking A-testosterone shots for over 15 years. I have a little known syndrome called Klinefelters. Anyway I take 200mgs, 2 times a month,
interesting...how old are you health otherwise?

any side effects? how's your libido etc.

Closed Thread