It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2008, 01:05 AM   #1
(male)

M1K3L HB User
Erection Difficulties

I am a 24 year old male in heathy shape other than being overweight, however, I have weighed the same for over 5 years and never had erection difficulties until about a year or so ago.

I have been masterbating since I was 6 or so, and these days I tend to do it at least twice a day, if not more. I was in a relationship about a year ago and I had some erection difficulties. We would often have sex and I would orgasm. Shortly after, I'd be horny again but not able to get an Erection whereas I had before in previous relationships able to have sex twice.

It's now a year later after that relationship, and I am in another serious relationship and I have been having major erection difficulties. For the past week, I have had a very difficult time getting an erection, and if i do get one, I go limp just after a few minutes of intercourse. If I do masterbate, I also stay limp, I don't seem to be able to get an erection while masterbating anymore as I used to be able to.

I'm not sure what is going on :-( I am not using condoms right now (I don't think I would even get an erection with one anyway)

My sex drive is as high as ever, but my body just doesn't seem to be the same. I also no longer have morning erections.

Thanks.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: Erection Difficulties

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1K3L View Post
IMy sex drive is as high as ever, but my body just doesn't seem to be the same. I also no longer have morning erections.

Thanks.
No morning erections usually means a testosterone problem, though it could also be related to other hormones such as thyroid and cortisol. It is definitely a sign to take action.

The first step is to see a doc and have some blood tests done for testosterone, free testosterone, thyroid and cortisol.

I assume you also have other problems like depression and weight gain, but do you have symptoms like morning backache, dry skin, digestion problems, sore red/white tongue, headaches, concentration/memory problems or low excercise capacity?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

I know it may be hard for you, but try chatisty for a while. This is essential if you want to recover your erections. Too much sex can lead to this, obviously.
Don't overuse your member.

Get a plenty of sleep and have a healthful diet.

If a sexual thought comes to you, try to do something else: some physical exercise, a walk, a book, movies, yoga, whatever.

Last edited by pendulum; 12-16-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

First of all, if you haven't already, you should go get a complete check-up/physical exam. As we get older our bodies don't respond as they use too. I think if you cut back on the masturbation, and started to exercises your problems would go away. If you smoke, you should quit. Smoking sooner or later will cause you problems in bed, as well as other problems. The new year is fast approaching, this is a good time to start fresh!

Old 12-17-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
(male)

M1K3L HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
No morning erections usually means a testosterone problem, though it could also be related to other hormones such as thyroid and cortisol. It is definitely a sign to take action.

The first step is to see a doc and have some blood tests done for testosterone, free testosterone, thyroid and cortisol.

I assume you also have other problems like depression and weight gain, but do you have symptoms like morning backache, dry skin, digestion problems, sore red/white tongue, headaches, concentration/memory problems or low excercise capacity?
I'm not 100% postive about the no morning erections, I usually don't pay attention most of the time... I do know that I get them sometimes, but I don't think I get them every morning.

Last year when I had my yearly checkup, my doctor did say my thyroid levels were not correct and had me tested again 3 months later but it came back fine... so it is something that I do have to monitor.

I haven't really had any issues with depression (but do have other issues) and I had gained weight, but that's related to my current lifestyle. I currently work from home and do not have a car so I don't really get out much anymore.

morning backache - I don't have the best back so sometimes I do get pain.
dry skin - I've always had very dry skin
digestion problems - None at all
sore red/white tongue - None
headaches - Yes
concentration/memory problems - I've had this problem for a while now
low excercise capacity - Not sure. I haven't excercised much lately

Closed Thread