It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2008, 12:13 PM   #1
(male)

scratch2 HB User
Exclamation swollen glands/foreskin (Balanitis?) - rather worried

Hi, last night I had oral sex with my girl friend (had no condoms ) however this morning I noticed that my foreskin was still pulled back behind the glands. Then noticed that the bit of skin under my glands were rather swollen (I think its called the corona?)

When I got back home I had a closer look and noticed that it had become more inflamed and its rather uncomfortable (not agony but more of a discomfort)

I had a quick look on the internet and found out about "Balanitis" this seems to describe swollen glands being a symptom however my glands don't seem to be that bad its the bit underneath (bottom side of the penis).

I was looking at the causes for balanitis:

* Poor personal hygiene - don't think this is the problem (I wash my penis every time I shower)
* Thrush - Is this a possibility? - How would i know if she had thrush
* Psoriasis - never had a problem
* Irritation - possible I suppose
* Bacterial infection - My girl friend has a cold/sore throat etc - could this cause my problem?
* Rough handling - We did have rather rough foreplay etc and may have caused some irritation
* Allergy - not that I know of
* Medication - not on any
* Diabetes - Don't have

Now I havn't told anyone about this yet but if it doesnt go down tomorrow I will talk to my girlfriend and ask her if she has had any problems or ever had thrush before?
I will also go and see a doctor about it.

I'm almost certain its not an STI as I do trust her and has been very careful in the past. Could she have passed on bacteria from her mouth (she has a cold don't forget) to cause this problem?

I have since washed my penis in salt water (i do this every week or two normally)

---

While typing this I have noticed that its not actually my gland swollen but my foreskin (on the inside at the bottom - it looks rather horrible and like a large blister)
it doesn't smell or anything at all.
---

all replies would be great as I am genuinely worried and in discomfort (like I said I will be going to the doctors if its still like this tomorrow)

Regards

Last edited by scratch2; 12-27-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User
Re: swollen glands/foreskin (Balanitis?) - rather worried

The chance is that it is just down to over exuberance with your girlfriend. As you say if it is still swollen in a day or two a trip to the docs may be in order, but I would bet it will be going down by then.

To help it, apply some hand lotion - Nivea or Vaseline intensive care type. Try to get it to roll back over the glans, i9nto its normal position. If it cant and gets stuck behind the glans it could cause it to lose the circulation, and that is bad but it would probably gone black by now and you would surely have noticed!

Old 12-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
(male)

scratch2 HB User
Re: swollen glands/foreskin (Balanitis?) - rather worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyStuart View Post
The chance is that it is just down to over exuberance with your girlfriend. As you say if it is still swollen in a day or two a trip to the docs may be in order, but I would bet it will be going down by then.

To help it, apply some hand lotion - Nivea or Vaseline intensive care type. Try to get it to roll back over the glans, i9nto its normal position. If it cant and gets stuck behind the glans it could cause it to lose the circulation, and that is bad but it would probably gone black by now and you would surely have noticed!
thanks for the reply - it did go a little purple but that was before I washed it in warm salt water I then managed to get it back over the glands (not all the way - as the swelling wont allow me to)

it is now possible to go pretty much back over my head yet it is still very swollen (about 1-2cm bulge). it is definitely the foreskin that is swollen and not the glands,

I'm guessing that using lube would prevent this from happening again?
Could anyone suggest a good lube to use? I have tried the durex play range (tingle lube) and I will not be using that again

regards

Closed Thread