Hi, last night I had oral sex with my girl friend (had no condoms
) however this morning I noticed that my foreskin was still pulled back behind the glands. Then noticed that the bit of skin under my glands were rather swollen (I think its called the corona?)
When I got back home I had a closer look and noticed that it had become more inflamed and its rather uncomfortable (not agony but more of a discomfort)
I had a quick look on the internet and found out about "Balanitis" this seems to describe swollen glands being a symptom however my glands don't seem to be that bad its the bit underneath (bottom side of the penis).
I was looking at the causes for balanitis:
* Poor personal hygiene - don't think this is the problem (I wash my penis every time I shower)
* Thrush - Is this a possibility? - How would i know if she had thrush
* Psoriasis - never had a problem
* Irritation - possible I suppose
* Bacterial infection - My girl friend has a cold/sore throat etc - could this cause my problem?
* Rough handling - We did have rather rough foreplay etc and may have caused some irritation
* Allergy - not that I know of
* Medication - not on any
* Diabetes - Don't have
Now I havn't told anyone about this yet but if it doesnt go down tomorrow I will talk to my girlfriend and ask her if she has had any problems or ever had thrush before?
I will also go and see a doctor about it.
I'm almost certain its not an STI as I do trust her and has been very careful in the past. Could she have passed on bacteria from her mouth (she has a cold don't forget) to cause this problem?
I have since washed my penis in salt water (i do this every week or two normally)
While typing this I have noticed that its not actually my gland swollen but my foreskin (on the inside at the bottom - it looks rather horrible and like a large blister)
it doesn't smell or anything at all.
all replies would be great as I am genuinely worried and in discomfort (like I said I will be going to the doctors if its still like this tomorrow)