It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 08:28 AM   #1
(male)

capi HB User
erection during craniosacral therapy ?

A little over a year ago I was involved in a bad car accident during which I fractured 2 vertebrae, broke my pelvis and dislocated my hip, as a result of which I have gone through a fair amount of rehabilitation therapy, including physio, massage and latterly cranio sacral therapy (CST). If they is a good part to the accident it was that it was not my fault and consequently I have enjoyed the best treatments money can buy to help aid my recovery. With the physio I was receiving I seemed to “hit a brick wall”, things weren’t improving and it was suggested by a friend that I tried CST and whilst I had never tried any “alternative treatments” it was definitely having an effect and I was on the mend again. However after a couple of months or so I started to feel aroused during the sessions, I have had erections in the past whilst having a normal massage, but given the volume of articles on this subject I was not my own, but this was completely different and was becoming more intense. The first few times it happened I don’t think she noticed the erection as I was fully clothed, but she commented on my racing heart beat and after the session left me lying on the couch for a few minutes until I was a “little more relaxed”, but even then my arousal would not subside. She then went on holiday for a few weeks and referred me to on of her male colleagues, nothing happened the first time but then during the second and third sessions I again got an erection, I was mortified, particularly as he noticed. The next few times I went to see her, as I relaxed more the arousal became worse, she noticed my erection but said not to worry it was perfectly normal but then almost without warning I ejaculated into my underwear, she knew what had happened and the damp patch on my trousers was obvious, but she saved me the embossment and didn’t mention it. I actually didn’t turn up for the next 2 appointments as I just couldn’t face her, the next time I went, I apologized, but she did her best to reassure me it was ok, the same thing has happened a couple of times since, but I took the precaution of wearing a condom under my clothes so it didn’t show, but she is very aware when it happens as it is so intense. I’m at my wits end with it, I really want to continue the therapy as I feel it is doing me some good, but I get the feeling she is becoming uncomfortable with what’s happening even though I feel it is out of my control. I’ve trawled the internet for some answers and followed threads and articles on various sites, but don’t seem to come up with anything, as I say I am at my wits end, do I need psychiatric help, or is there something physically wrong with me, or whilst it can’t be normal does this sort of thing happen ? Can anyone shed any light on it?

Thanks,

Tony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2009, 02:25 PM   #2
(male)

radisson HB User
Re: erection during craniosacral therapy ?

Don't worry you are not mad and not a freak, you would be amazed how many people experience similar things during cranial therapy, me included. I actually went to 3 different therapists, 2 in the states and 1 in the uk and I have come to realise that it takes a very special therapist to help you through this. It is to do with the level you relax to during the therapy, there is one level which causes arousal or in your case erection, but in the next one you are out of control. I have to say my current therapists has put up with a lot, but has brought me out the other side, I have gone through the erection stage, she has even left the room so I could masturbate, and for a while it does make you feel better even if you don't admit it. The therapy triggers something deep within, but if you are like me you feel the need to push the boundaries all the time, I can't even remember all the things I have done but I do know they were not right or proper, in the end she convinced me to lye there naked, exposed and vulnerable and I had to put all my trust in her, it worked after a few more hyper aroused therapies, things settled down. It is just a time or trauma you have to go through, I do not pretend to know what was going on, i have never even discussed it until this reply, but the only advice I can give is, if you think your therapist is helping you, explain you feelings, no matter how bizarre, if it is too much for her to deal with, and if it is you can't blame her, she has done her best, then find someone else and start again, with the right help you will get through it.

Radi.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-25-2009 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Terminology.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I agree. Tell her this is making you uncomfortable, and you are sensing it is making her uncomfortable, too, and ask her what she recommends - to continue seeing you or to refer you to someone else. Assure her that you think this is helping you and that you are not having sexual thoughts of her and your hope is to continue. From her perspective, though she has probably seen this before, a woman in this day and age does have to be a little concerned.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
(male)

harry28 HB User

Following similar circumstances I spent days searching the internet for some explanation of what was going on and why. My therapist has been my physio for years and has become a personal friend, we chat about allsorts but I also feel I could talk to her about anything, even more so recently. As I am always injuring myself with sport in some way she has had the challenge of rebuilding me on many occasions and a few years ago introduced me to crainio therapy which now forms a significant part of any treatment. I’ve had numerous injuries but particularly in my groin and leg left and this compounded by a recurring epididymitis problem has caused me a lot of discomfort and pain over the past few years. For no apparent reason during a crainio appointment I got an erection, but it felt completely different to a normal erection in that I couldn’t control it and it happened without contact, what I mean by that is, like I suppose many men I have had erections during massage of even physio when someone has accidentally touched you or even got too close for comfort, but that is a sexual response, “it felt nice so you got an erection”. This happened on almost every occasion and eventually it was so obvious what was going on that we discussed it, there didn’t seem to be any connection between my erection and the work we were doing, but then over the course of a few appointments the problem became much worse. As I was trying to relax I became increasingly aroused, which was plain to see as I only had undies on following some physio beforehand, I actually thought I was going to ejaculate but fortunately didn’t, I don’t think at that stage either of us knew what was going on or where we were heading with it, but she was convinced we should carry on. This happened a few times and then at another time I was so aroused I couldn’t stop myself touching myself and actually ejaculated, when I left I was “in bits” riddled with guilt, I could function at work or sleep for days and very nearly didn’t go back, all I could think was “what must she think about me”. Anyway I did go back and we talked about it in depth and she did manage to reassure me that I wasn’t a freak as someone put, after it happened once more I was adamant it would not happen again, the next time I masturbated before I went in the hope that would prevent it and really concentrated on it not happening, but all that happened was the therapy was wasted, I didn’t relax until just before the end of the appointment at which point I got an erection but the whole thing left me feeling worse than before we started, my leg that we had been working on was much worse and it felt like the “shock” I had previously encountered was firmly stuck in my leg. I have another appointment this week but I certainly won’t try that again.

In the other article I don’t quite understand how being naked on the bed could help, surely that situation would be more sexually arousing and make matters worse ?

As for the other comment it would appear that we are lucky to have an understanding relationship with our therapists, but I would imagine if you are like me it doesn’t make it any easier dealing with the emotion, guilt, etc of being so aroused or ejaculating in there company.
Regards, Harry.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #5
(male)

radisson HB User

Hi Harry,

Interesting post, you are still uncertain about the whole thing aren't you ? but don’t be, it is just a phase.
To answer your question, I always found the resistance of clothes increased my excitement when I got a hard on, so we discussed it and I just had a sheet on for a while, but even then I could raise my knees a little so the sheet wasn’t touching and give myself a rub without her noticing, so we again talked and it was decided that if I had nothing on, then there was nothing to hide and hey, I don’t know why but a few times later the problem started to disappear and I feel better for it.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #6
(male)

radisson HB User

Hi magnetic,
I've tried a few therapists, I put 3 probably more like 6 or 7, to many of them have drifted into therapy from some other alternative like yoga or reiki, sorry but true. My first experience with Cranio was by far the best but she wasn't ready for the extremes of what happened and I was ashamed so I said I would go see someone else, wish I hadn't. But my current on in the states in great, I guess I just need to find a new one for when I go home to uk. Capi, I got a bad back as well, how weird.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:31 AM   #7
(male)

oldnretired HB User

I really meant to respond to your various postings a little earlier and compiled a reply, but to be honest did not realise that one had to register on the web site to do so and put it to one side for when time permitted.

I have read all the postings very carefully and I must say that you are all to be applauded on your bravery to write such correspondence and your therapists must be very special people to have persevered with you treatment under these circumstances.

I must agree with “magnetic”, the area in which you are dealing is exceedingly complex, it is a combination of physical, sexual and psychological issues which one would normal advocate should only be dealt with by the most highly qualified therapists. However there is alternative train of thought that says the experience gained during the interaction between patient and therapist is more important than knowledge and as long as both parties are comfortable with what is happening during the therapy, then they will achieve better results.

I wish you all good luck and will monitor with interest any further comments.

Old 01-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #8
(male)

radisson HB User

old n retired, what a cool name and what a cool place to retire to, I've been there once in summer, up the railway to the top.

I have posted in masses of forums about this type of subject because it has been happening to me for years and I even travelled to Canada to see someone that was "the best around" but was not good for me, your comment really hits the spot, find the right person and you will benifit, the ability to communicate about anything, your feelings, whats going on in your mind is worth more than any "top doc".

Old 01-28-2009, 05:01 AM   #9
(male)

capi HB User

Hi all,
Just a quick update, a couple of interesting posts over the last day or two, but the more interesting one is the number of people that have read the posts, 154 at this stage is great and I expect we will see a considerable number of posts over the next weeks. Unfortunately as Oldnritired pointed out you do need to register to post on this web site which is why it is so much better than some of the other forums I’ve posted on in the past, the others tend to generate random often crack pot replies.
First treatment yesterday for a few weeks, been putting it of a bit but had to go I could hardly walk, we had a good chat before the therapy started and I am convinced that discussion and understanding between us is helping a lot, whether it was as a result of talking but I felt more relaxed, unfortunately that resulted in an erection for quite a while and there were a couple of close calls, but no little accidents and without realising by the end of the treatment the erection had gone and I’d fallen asleep. I woke in a bit of a state like you’d had a bad dream and left still a little jittery, but today feel great, the muscles seemed to have relaxed off in my hip and back and I’m going back on Friday. We are all talking about the same subject but does anyone have any real idea of what causes it ?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #10
(male)

radisson HB User

Hi,

Check it out !

Never mind 154 reads try 221, you are right we will get some good feedback over the next couple of weeks.

Everyones cause of the problem will be different, every time it happens I am trying to work out when and why, is it something in the past I don't remember ?

What is everyone's view on this ?

Old 02-04-2009, 12:35 AM   #11
(male)

capi HB User

Hi All,
I haven't posted for day or two to try and encourage some new posts, there's load of people reading it but nobody posting, obviously a very interesting subject but perhaps people are to embarrassed to discuss it. Should we move the posts somehere else, to a new thread ?

Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
(male)

drbippy HB User

Have any of you considered going to a male therapist? That would seem to eliminate some of the intrepidation and help you to relax more. It seems that all of these encounters have been with female therapists.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
(male)

capi HB User

Hi All,
In response the the latest article, I have seen a male therapist a few times and exactly the same thing happened, I was really embarrassed but he tried to say it was ok, I don't think it is a sex thing, I think if an ape could do the therapy you would still get an erection. My expereiences of cst are very recent but others that have posted on this site seem to have been having it for some time. I have correspondend with a therapist in the states and he has had similar things occur, I've posted on a few other sites but been kiched off, but I know Radisson has posted more maybe he has some answers ?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #14
(male)

radisson HB User

Hi, Wish I had !

It could just be you are right, 2 specific a topic, but when I've posted in the past on alternative therapy, etc sites the posts get closed down in days. This is as closes as it gets to helping. Maybe you r right people don't post because it's just 2 personal. This whole thing about it being about sex is so not so, what might be considered as being sexual are the things that helped me thru, if you remove all the boundaries there are none to cross. Sure the first time we agreed I should go naked I got an erection before I took my boxers off, that is sex nothing else your mind can't deal with being naked in front of a woman, but do you know it last a real short time. The erection you get when having therapy is completely different, the advantage to being naked is she doesn't have to ask what's happening she can see, so when it starts she can move her hands somewhere else before it gets too bad and then bring them back when it cools off.

I have had the problem for years and would love to know why, if I thought a male would help I would be there.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
(male)

oldnretired HB User

Hello again,
You are deluding yourself if you do not consider there is an element of sexuality experienced when one has an erection. Therapies of this kind relax the nervous systems and in doing so the body can respond by becoming aroused, this is perfectly normal, if fact when the body and mind relax totally, as in sleep, then nor is it uncommon to ejaculate, often termed “wet dreams”. What is important to remember is, in regression of any kind a trained therapist often needs to resort to what would be considered totally unorthodox and sometimes inappropriate to help you beyond that moment of time.

Closed Thread