It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #1
(male)

wowzers HB User
small red dot on penis

i have a red dot on my penis, about halfway down the shaft. it is so small that it's nearly unnoticeable, and typically i would say it's chafing but under the circumstances below i'm a little concerned. i'd say it is the size of a pen dot and it's kind of like a scab, the red spot is a harder surface than surrounding skin. it's so small that it's practically impossible to really look at...you have to spread the skin to see the whole thing and i'm sure that irritates it and probably prolongs the longevity of the spot altogether. there is no associated pain or discomfort or itching whatsoever. just a red dot.

usually i would never have noticed and i do have a history of being a hypochondriac but i did have sex for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago. i guess the details are irrelevant as far as with whom, but the relationship has ended already so i can't exactly ask the girl. but i wore a condom and all that stuff and not that it REALLY matters but i did not see any sores on her or anything so i really doubt she was having an outbreak if she did have some type of std. but because it was my first time i am just scared this spot could be some type of std. what do you guys think? i know in these situations it's easy to say "sex and red spot, you have an std!" but truth is guys chafe all the time and little spots come up, just the timing with this one causes concern.

i also had a pretty sore throat with no other symptoms whatsoever for about 3 days within the week after we had sex and that actually concerned me but i have severe allergies though and so again is that related or is it a bad timing thing? usually i get sick with a sore throat and that did not happen this time, i just had the sore throat. i don't know if that throat thing was some type of auxiliary symptom of an std or anything. but no fever or any other symptoms. can anyone give me an educated response on this? i have read typically guys get 6-10 painful sores/blisters on a first outbreak of something like herpes, so having only 1 red dot with no accompanying pain really doesn't fit the bill, but i guess you never know. again, the timing on all this causes concern. and lastly this sounds odd but i have been masturbating in a different position so as to "practice" a sexual position. this requires i use two pillows to put my penis in between. i have noticed this is rubbing my penis in places normal masturbation never would have, so the sex thing aside, this new thing i'm doing seems very likely it could have caused chafing.

Last edited by wowzers; 02-07-2009 at 05:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2010, 03:38 PM   #2
(male)

nattylight HB User
Re: small red dot on penis

I have the same EXACT thing you are talking about. I even have a sore throat. did you ever find out what it was or did it just go away? let me know man im freaking out probably about the same way you were.

Last edited by nattylight; 12-07-2010 at 03:39 PM.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: small red dot on penis

Hi I suggest that anyone with symptoms such as this have the doctor examine them as soon as possible.

Closed Thread