It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #1
(male)

Bin_man HB User
22 years old, no libido, few erections - please help me find a solution

Hey guys, as the title says, I'm 22, have no libido, and very few erections.

To fill out those symptoms a bit more for you, I have next to no drive for sex at the moment, or attraction to girls (I guess I still have attraction of a kind, but it's not real sexual attraction). With erections, I can get one sometimes if I masturbate, but very frequently it goes soft or just doesn't come up at all. I get no spontaneous erections, and have had no morning erections since this began. I haven't been with a girl since this has happened, mainly because I'm pretty sure I'd not be able to perform.

So how did it all happen? Well, I guess I always had lower libido than most guys, but I never really thought much of it. I still masturbated pretty much every day, got aroused pretty quickly, and had no major problems - certainly nothing that worried me much.

About 6 months ago, I started taking a saw palmetto supplement for hair loss. I'm always wary of medications, even herbal ones, but I tried this and didn't feel like I had any side effects. And it seemed to work on my hair. In addition, I actually felt significantly more horny while I was on it. I remember just a couple of months ago being able to get erections on the most random occasions, and with very little stimulus needed. In fact it was almost annoying how frequently this was happening!

About 4-5 weeks ago, though, I stopped the saw palmetto. I didn't really want to, but I didn't have the money to buy a new batch. Pretty quickly, I noticed a pain above my testicles, where I imagine the prostate would be. It was quite painful, but not excruciating. I could deal with it, and I felt it would go away. And, after a week, sure enough it did.

I noticed in this period a drop in libido, but again didn't think much of it. It'd probably come back, I thought, once I'd adjusted to coming off the supplement. No big deal.

But then another week after, about two weeks ago, it all just plummeted. I lost pretty much all drive, and stopped having morning erections at all. I had no idea what on earth was happening, and I still don't. I feel almost like I've been castrated. I don't feel depressed, I just feel flat. I don't feel frustrated, I've just got no drive. Most of all I'm worried and confused about what's going on, and want to find a solution.

I've booked an appointment with my doctor next week, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for. Are there particular hormones I should get tested? Is there anything else that could be causing the problem? Any and all thoughts are welcome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2009, 04:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User
Re: 22 years old, no libido, few erections - please help me find a solution

Who advised you to take the saw palmetto in the first place? In my opinion, you should stop it until you talk with your doctor next week. In any case, I presume you don't want to be dependent on it either for hair loss or for libido enhancement. You should try and find the real causes for your hair loss. It may have to do with your lifestyle, with a poor thyroid function, with your genetics, wearing hats or caps that are too tight, whatever, but first of all try and find the causes as accurately as possible.

As for the libido proper, your loss may be temporary. That is the most usual prognosis at your age. It may be due to stress, poor nutrition, poor sleeping patterns, lack of exercise, what do I know? Don't despair.

Yes, talk to your doctor and if necessary, revise your lifestyle and make changes where adequate.

Last edited by pendulum; 02-27-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Closed Thread