It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
(male)

Richie1221 HB User
Lost sensitivity in penis

Since about 2006 I have experienced almost no sensitivity in the head of the penis. I can manage to get an erection if I try quite hard but it is difficult to maintain without constant attention. Erections are much less hard than before the problem started and the volume of ejaculate has decreased dramatically. Orgasms are very weak also compared to what they were.

From what I remember around the time these problems started I was quite ill with a cold and was exposed to alot of chemicals and allergens at college ( carpentry course). I remember waking up and noticing that I had almost no sensitivity after feeling around but I felt like it was nothing to worry about because a loss of sensitivity can happen when you are going through bouts of feeling unwell.

Unfortunately the problem did not better itself and to this date the problem continues. I have had liposuction before these problems started, which was on my stomach and this may be relevant as I realise that nerve damage can occur as a result of surgery ( although it was quite some time after I had the surgery that these problems began). Also I noticed alot of internal bleeding after the surgery and parts of my penis went blue/ red almost a bruised colour for a time. This may expected as part of having the surgery but its worth mentioning.

I am on no medication although I do use an emollient cream daily on my lips because I have a bad reaction to certain compounds within toothpaste that cause the lips alot of irritation and this helps to calm it down.

Its worth noting that I have tried not masturbating for a time (2-3 weeks) and noticed no improvement in sensitivity as a result. Infact things felt even more numb after periods of inactivity than if I was to masurbate regularily. I recently went to the GP to get a referral to a urologist/ neurologist and was talked into going to a physcosexual clinic. I know these problems ARE NOT physcological because I can still get an erection which is usually quite weak, I just can't feel barely anything which means it goes floppy very easily. I'm not imagining this.

I am an otherwise healthy individual with no medical problems besides some allergic reactions to certain trees (apparently). After having a patch test allergy check this was certified. I'm not keen on having to spend alot of money on consultations with doctors that don't know anything, so can anyone help point me in the right direction as to what to ask for from my GP, who obviously thinks this is all in my head?

+ to add I'm not circumcised.

Last edited by Richie1221; 04-06-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Lost sensitivity in penis

You might want to make an appointment with both a neurologist, and a urologist.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
(male)

stickman0591 HB User
Re: Lost sensitivity in penis

Have him test you for diabetes. I understand from my GP(since I experienced it) that your can have pre-onset neuropathy that appears to have no explanation until you actually show full blown diabetic symptoms even years later. GET CHECKED, IT SUCKS. I found that if you see GPs, Neurologists, Urologists with the loss of sensitivity complaint, they just don't care because there is no easy diagnosis. I was even laughed at by a urologist. The whole mess really screwed up my life.

Closed Thread