It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 10:53 PM   #1
(male)

dnorf HB User
Exclamation Possible MRSA infection on penis shaft?!

I've been having staph infections in random places on my body over the past year and a half. I finally had it diagnosed a few weeks ago.

The little red bumps that start out...one showed up on my penis, and that was absolutely frightening, so i went straight urgent care as soon as I noticed. It was already red and was starting to get infected. The doctor gave me Augmentin. I had a TERRIBLE reaction to it (turned me into a complete zombie--nothing felt real. very strange.) It seemed to kind of go away...The infection at least did.

I made an appointment with my PCP, and he prescribed me Cephalexin, which did nothing. During the Cephalexin, I ended up having a good number (6) spots show up on my leg. Well, that turned out to be a classic case of MRSA. I've been on Bactrim ever since, and the infection is gone, and nothing strange has happened yet. Anyway, the real problem is this.

That spot on my penis where it didn't really heal...It seems to be blocking a vein of some sort. It's pretty painful when I poke at the spot, and the veins are visible for an inch or so around the red spot where the infection was at first. It's gotten me pretty worried.

Basically all I'm asking is: what could they possibly do about this? It's painful, and i don't really enjoy having a sore penis. It isn't getting any better, and to be honest, i don't pay enough attention to my little guy down there to notice if it has gotten any worse. Is there a specific doctor I should make an appointment with? I'd assume a dermatologist. My PCP is a moron, and I most certainly need to find a new one.

Thanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread