It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User
Blood from penis after intercourse?

I am a female posting this for my partner. He told me today he is having pain upon urination, general soreness of penis shaft, and some blood spotting.

Last night we had rougher and longer than usual intercourse (the problem didn't start until after this). Afterward there was quite a bit of blood on the sheets, we thought it was from me. Today I am fine, but he is having the complaints and thinks maybe he was the one that ejaculated blood.

Is this possible? This has never happened before, so we are both a bit confused about the cause. Could he possibly have an infection? Should he see a doctor about this? I suggested he go get checked, but he said he would rather wait a couple days to see if it clears on its own.

Has anyone experienced this and had it turn out to be because of the roughness of intercourse and length of time? I am worried that something is wrong. Please, any advice is appreciated. I will be passing all suggestions on to him, as he is worried too...although he won't admit to how much.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 PM   #2
(male)

pitcherred HB User
Re: Blood from penis after intercourse?

I dont think its uncommon to have a minuscule amount of blood in the semen. but bloody sheets sounds excessive, also if he bleeding outside the ejaculate, I believe he has either an infection of some sort injury. Penile injury involving the urethra is really unusual perhaps someting like prostate cancer could cause blood to be discharged to the urethra. Anyhow, penile injuries usually involve breaking or popping of the erectile tissue or thrombosis of the viens and lymph ducts. So, I would bet this is infection of some sort. i would be careful and suspect perhaps he is having some extra-sexual relations. or something much worse - prostate cancer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #3
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User
Re: Blood from penis after intercourse?

Pritcherred
Thank you for the reply. Just a small update..today he is feeling much better. No more blood, and soreness almost gone. We have figured this was probably due to the sexual relations we had the night prior to the onset of his symptoms.

The blood on the sheets was a lot...so it was probably a combination of both of us. I am due for my monthly in a few days...so a mixture is most likely. Of course he and I have talked and decided if these symptoms continue we would both get checked for infections...although it is highly unlikely to be the problem.

again thank you.

Closed Thread