It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
(male)

cyan92 HB User
Why does my penis always smell like fish?

Ok so for a few months now i have been dealing with this problem.

My penis always smells like fish =/ i usually don't wipe it up after i masturbate (i know, its gross) and i thought this was the problem, but recently i started making sure it was squeaky clean after i do it, and the problem persists, then i tried trimming my pubic hair, thinking maybe it could have been sweat that was causing the problem, this however did not help either =(

I have had sex with two girls, the first one i did not use a condom because i am stupid, the girl is widely considered by many of the kids at my school as a ****. I really hope i do not have an std.

The second girl, i used a condom, because the smell was starting to take its place, and has resided on my penis ever since.

I know the smell is coming directly from my penis, mainly from the ring around it, and my urinary hole. it does not smell anywhere else, i have rubbed all different parts and smelled my fingers many times, and it only comes form these two places.

I have given blood twice since i had sex with the first girl, and have gotten no letter in the mail about an std, so hopefully this means i am still clean (sort of)

I wash my penis well in the shower, in fact i recently have started using body wash as a lubricant while i masturbate in the shower. This rids my penis of the smell, but it comes right back after about two hours.

I have looked all over the internet about this and read stories about guys with the same problem, and have ruled out one of the main causes, which is the breaking down of semen or pre-***, i have sat and watched my penis after a shower to check and see if i get pre-***, and i get nothing.

Please help me, i had to take a shower right before i had sex with that second girl, and i dont want to have to do that every time, this problem makes it impossible for me to get a girlfriend or have a relationship, it has severely lowered my self-esteem, and i hate it with every ounce of my energy. i can honestly say i have considered cutting my penis off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2009, 11:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Why does my penis always smell like fish?

I am guessing you have a sexually transmitted disease. You are having sex with someone who is also suffering from this so you need to go to the doctor and explain the smell and you will be given some medicine to get rid of the smell ...it is not unusual or odd it just needs to be treated...or it will never go away. When you all are sexually active with partners there is no telling who has it or who gave it to the other. You can do the sniff test on the female...just get down there and take a whiff it will smell just like your fishy smell. You will give it to others and that is a vicious cycle. You really need to see a doctor but meanwhile try rinsing off with some diluted white vinegar buy it cheap at the grocery store it might be helpful to neutralize the smell. I would say though you want this treated and go away but if one of the girls has it you will get it again ...always wear a condom. good luck.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

keil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB Userkeil HB User

do you wash daily? from you mentioning you didn't always clean up after masturbating maybe you need to shower and wash the penis, gently pull the foreskin back use mild soap and rinse all soap away and then dry the entire area well. if this doesn't help try baby power in the area this will stop any sweating...
good luck
keil

Old 07-22-2009, 06:10 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Zagreus HB User

Sounds like it could be a persistent yeast infection too. You might want to see the doctor if it doesn't clear up. Allowing the area to remain moist and dark as you have would provide a nice environment for fungal infections.

Old 07-31-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I think it is pre-ejaculate, breaking down. That, and semen, cause the fishy odor.
The fact that it occurs even when you wash after masturbating makes me think it is pre-ejaculate.
All you can do is wash with water more often.
If it's not that, get checked for gardnerella. It is the same organism which causes bacterial vaginosis in women.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #6
(male)

l2vans HB User

Same problem, I know for sure I don't have an STD.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

The thing most likely to make a penis smell like fish, is the sugar in semen or
pre-ejaculate breaking down. If your penis leaks pre-ejaculate, you need to wash it.
Same thing with semen. In my experience, it is going to smell for a full day or more, until the sugar is done breaking down. A quick washing takes five seconds, and can be done in any bathroom.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 AM   #8
(female)

lottery loser HB User

I think that you should do a soak in the tub instead of showers.................pull that foreskin back and clean with liquid soap.................................in one week if this still persists you should go see the MD.....................and always use a condom....

Closed Thread