It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sillygrl HB UserSillygrl HB User
How should a man's orgasm feel?

Hello, I have a question about the male orgasm. My bf has explained that when he orgasms it is more of a numb feeling than "good" feeling. I thought that the penis should have a good feeling during orgasm but he describes it as numb. I have asked other men and they tell me that it is an indescribable good feeling. I am worried that he is not feeling an orgasm as good as he should. Does this even make any sense? He also has like no pre-***, like almost none at all. I have been with other men who have a lot. Could this have something to do with it? Thanks so much.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: How should a man's orgasm feel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sillygrl View Post
Hello, I have a question about the male orgasm. My bf has explained that when he orgasms it is more of a numb feeling than "good" feeling. I thought that the penis should have a good feeling during orgasm but he describes it as numb. I have asked other men and they tell me that it is an indescribable good feeling. I am worried that he is not feeling an orgasm as good as he should. Does this even make any sense? He also has like no pre-***, like almost none at all. I have been with other men who have a lot. Could this have something to do with it? Thanks so much.
Many men make no precum, so that isn't unusual.

Orgasm is definitely not numb feeling - it feels very good, centered both in the penis-prostate area and more generally throughout your body. There is a feeling of great tension being released, the feeling of the semen moving down the penis, the feeling of bonding with your partner - so many good feelings at once.

I'm not sure why he doesn't feel that. Does he have some religious back ground that would make admitting good feelings from sex difficult for him? Sometimes people deny to themselves what they can't accept.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Thank you for your reply. He is not religious at all. He isn't the best at expressing feeling, whether emotional or physical, however. But, when asked how his penis feels during orgasm he says "numb". This can't be right. What can we do?

Old 07-28-2009, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

He can get checked by a urologist, and/or a neurologist.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:44 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

milliamp HB User

Orgasm is not just felt at the penis, so maybe when you narrowed your question to the penis this is why you got that response from him?

Old 07-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

I asked him how it felt all over then I asked what it felt like for his penis and he said it felt like nothing. I don't understand. He says sex, oral, etc feels good, but an orgasm feels like nothing. He had a hernia surgery 5 years ago. He has a scar that is on his groin but not too close to his penis. He says the scar and the area directly around it is numb, but that is it.

Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

TopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB UserTopGeek HB User

It's always possible that the hernia op has damaged the nerves involved in orgasmic spasm.
I still have the numbness around the scar from my op in 1995 but that's all. It would certainly be a good idea for your bf to talk to a urologist or neurologist.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

There are many men who experience this, who have not had hernia operations.
I see posts often on the most common medical advice sites.
He is not alone.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

So there are other men that have complained of a lack of feeling? What is funny is that I am the one more concerned. He does not seem bothered by it at all. He seems perfectly happy and has a healthy sexual appetite, but for me it is almost a turn off to hear that he feels no sensations in his penis. I am kind of bummed to be quite honest.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

He is not alone. He may not seem all that concerned as he knows nothing different. Some men can have good sensations at times and, at others, feel hardly anything. I don't know why, but they can be highly stimulated and end up having lousy climaxes. I don't know if a urologist can help, but it wouldn't hurt to consult one. Checking out one of those websites might have some helpful information.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

That is true. He must believe that is how it should feel, I never thought of it that way! Thanks!

Closed Thread