It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

skippyeyes HB User
Foreskin sticks to penis head

I am a 19 year old uncircumcised male and my foreskin sticks to the glans. I am able to retract the foreskin; however, it can be uncomfortable and difficult. There seems to be a white film (not smegma) that causes the foreskin to stick to the head and I donít know how it get rid of it. Like I said, itís definitely not smegma, and itís definitely not an STD, and itís not just a simple case of phimosis. My penis head also looks very dry, it looks similar to a head of someone who has been circumcised.

I have tried numerous things to rid myself of it but nothing seems to work. Iím starting to get desperate. Any help or useful information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Foreskin sticks to penis head

Presumably you are retracting the foreskin to wash your penis head in the shower. Stop using soap -- just wash your penis head thoroughly and regularly with running water and use your fingers gently to rub it clean. Then push your foreskin back over the head. Do this for a week or more and see if it makes a difference.

My answer might not help as I'm unsure what your situation is but it's worth trying. Soap sometimes causes problems with the sensitive skin on the glans and foreskin.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Maybe you should see a doctor. He might suggest you to use Postec.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Pendulum, if "Postec" is the steroid betamethasone, I don't think it would be useful in this situation because betamethasone is used to treat phimosis which is the inability to retract a tight foreskin without difficulty or pain. Skippyeyes says he is able to retract his foreskin.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
(male)

skippyeyes HB User

That's right, my foreskin is not tight, it just sticks to the glans. I do wash under the foreskin on a daily basis with just warm water and I also thoroughly dry it before putting the foreskin back in the forward position.

Like I mentioned before, there is a like a white film that causes the stickiness, but I can't seem to get rid of it. It has been suggested to me that it might be a yeast infection; however, all treatments for yeast infections (both home remedies and OTC medications) have failed.

Anyway, thanks guys for taking the time to post, I appreciate the help.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Skippyeyes, when my penis head is dry, my foreskin "sticks" to it as I pull it back. I've examined my glans and I think I can see what you might call a white film over the purple head -- it's actually just the thin layer of skin covering the glans.

You say that, after washing, you "thoroughly dry it" before pulling the foreskin forwards. Maybe you should push your foreskin forwards before you get out of the shower and not dry the exposed glans at all. It could be that you're drying it too much.

Am I correct in saying that you have no infection or inflammation on your glans or foreskin and that there is no itch and no soreness? So in all respects, there's nothing wrong and it's perfectly normal.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:37 AM   #7
(male)

skippyeyes HB User

I have no soreness or irritation on my penis; however, I'm sure the stickiness is not normal. When I retract, the foreskin moves very slowly and I kind of have to work it down. The foreskin doesn't glide up and down like it should. It's almost comparable to pulling of a band-aid except there's really no pain involved.

I'll try to not dry the head so much and see if that's a difference. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

I'm curious about this one. It is like nothing I have ever heard.
Try pulling your foreskin away from your body, and away from the head, and see if it makes a difference.
Please let us know how it turns out.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #9
(male)

skippyeyes HB User

When I pull my foreskin away from my body, I can feel the foreskin kind of tear away from the glans and if I listen carefully, I can actually hear like a popping kind of sound. However, there is no pain involved when I do this.

When I do this, it doesn't help much with retraction because basically the inner foreskin is sticky, so it still kind of snags when I pull it down.

Old 08-07-2009, 09:08 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

It's time to see a foreskin-friendly urologist. If you are in the US, look for one with a foreign name, from a place where they don't practice circumcision, like India, China, South America, or Europe. Otherwise, almost inevitably, the first suggestion is circumcision, no matter what the problem, or how insignificant it is. Good luck with this. Please let us know what you find out, so we can help the next person who has it.

The Following User Says Thank You to tommy124 For This Useful Post:
Hitman2147 (08-09-2012)
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
(male)

skippyeyes HB User

I think you're right. I'll probably start looking into finding a dotor to deal with this thing. I live in Canada, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a foreskin friendly doctor. I've held from seeing a doctor this long because I find that advice on the internet is usually much more helpful that that of a doctor. In my experience the only thing doctors are good for is writing prescriptions. However, in this case, a doctor is most likely neccessary.

Anyway, thanks for the input and if anyone else has any advice please post.

The Following User Says Thank You to skippyeyes For This Useful Post:
droidkiddo1989 (10-09-2012)
Closed Thread