It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #1
(male)

Giant_Squid HB User
Odd dry skin/sore around tip.

I'm 22 and starting yesterday I noticed an odd "sore" just below the tip of my penis that seemed to come out of no where. It looks as if the skin is peeling away leaving behind a red sore spot, as well as having dry reddish looking skin all the way around just below the tip. None of it really hurts or bothers me all that much to touch, and its really only noticeable when I've been erect. When I'm not you can still see the sore spot on top but everything else looks almost normal around the rest of the shaft aside from the skin looking like it wants to peel almost as if I got a sunburn there. The best way to describe it is as if a blister was popped or a rug burn was given to me, obviously neither of which happened.

I'm kind of worried where this might have come from or what it might be. An STD seems a bit unlikely to me since I've only ever had sex with one girl in my life and have been for the past year and a half. I've never had this problem before and I can't see how it could be due to masturbation since its location is a part I hardly make contact with. And its been at least a week since I last had sex. After doing some searching I read it might be soap that could cause it, but I've been using the same soap I have for the past three years. Nothing in my daily routine has changed to cause an irritation down there. Even when I have masturbated its been in the same fashion as it has since I was in 8th grade. Anyone have any ideas what it might be or might have caused it? I feel like its hard for me to describe without taking a picture and that sure isn't going to happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

point08 HB User
Re: Odd dry skin/sore around tip.

It could be an STD. Just because you have only had one partner doesn't mean your girlfriend hasn't.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
(male)

Giant_Squid HB User
Re: Odd dry skin/sore around tip.

Im the only she's had sex with, of which I am positive.

After making this post I did a little more searching and found this small site with some pictures that sorta resembled what I have but much more severe. And that was a male yeast infection.

I've also noticed some other small spots of dry red skin that on the shaft as well as a line of dry skin that looks as if its going to peel on my sack. It feels like a scab when I touch it, but it doesn't hurt or itch. Its just red as if I have a sun burn but doesn't feel like one.

update: I might have found something that could explain whats happening to me. About a week and a half ago I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Strep Throat, to cure me of this the doctor prescribed me Penicillin. The next day I was already starting to feel better. Then just now I come across this

[deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-27-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only, please do not post text from other sources. Thanks.

Closed Thread