It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 12:12 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User
Yeast infections in men?

Can men get yeast infections? Would this cause my body to develop anti-bodies to that yeast?

I have Sacchromyces Cerviase antibodies show up in bloodwork. Can that be related to anything sexual?

Thank You for the reply.

BTW, regardless of my screenname, I am a man.

Old 09-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #2
(male)

bigvinceg HB User
Re: Yeast infections in men?

Yes, men get yeast infections, too.

However, the species known as Candida Albicans is the one most likely to develop into a yeast infection in humans. They not only occur in the sexual organs, but can attack any organ in the body. Most people have this form of yeast in their bodies, usually in the intestine. The species you named, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae, is the one most used in baking bread and brewing beer.

It may be possible that eating undercooked bread, or drinking a poorly brewed batch of beer could lead to a few live cells entering your body, and thus your body's natural immune reaction would be to develop antibodies to eliminate them.

Has your doctor run tests for either of these conditions?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 09-13-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: This board is for your own writing only, do not post any text form other sources. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

NYCman HB User

Thank You for your reply Vince. I only asked because I read that S. Cervisiae antibodies are found in people with Chron's Disease and Wheat or Gluten intolerance. After the doctor found the antibodies, I had a colonoscopy with biopsy done, and everything came out normal. Also, all my life I have eaten bread and wheat with no problem (People with a wheat/gluten intolerance would either vomit, have diahrea, or get rashes if they ate bread). That's why I was wondering how these S. Cervisiae antibodies got into my body.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:39 AM   #4
(male)

mushiexco HB User

I am having an issue myself regarding a possible yeast infection. About 4 days ago, I noticed a couple of sores that look like zits/pimples/blisters on the shaft of my penis and under the head of the penis. The day before I noticed, my g/f stated that she might have a urine infection. She went to the doctor, but haven't gotten any results back yet for some reason. Two days before that, we had sex; w/o a condom. Now these sores are getting pretty painful. It's becomes hard to walk because my penis brushes against any material I am wearing or my thighs. I have read and am using Apple Cider Vinegar to reduce the pain by applying a diluted solution and soaking in it. I am taking cinnamin bark pills, acidophilus pills, cranberry extract pills, garlic pills and vitamin A pills. Also read to eat sour krout. Now I am 26 years old, unememployed (do to lay off 8 months ago) and I have no insurance. Any thoughts or other recommendations.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

I have read that that oil made from Melaleuca alternifolia is a powerful medicine for yeast infections, but I don't know how easy it is to buy it over the counter and then again how expensive it is.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #6
(male)

MykeT HB User

I believe they also cure for that, a natural method, An Ancient Chinese herbs, i'll try to ask some, to help you out bro

Closed Thread