It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #1
(male)

Looknfohelp HB User
Itchy skin- (groin, scrotum) fungus/yeast

About 6 months ago I noticed this itchy area next to my scrotum and I was wondering what it was so I went to my GP, and he perscribed an anti fungal oral pill - I can't remember the name of it because it was so long ago but it seemed to have taken care of some of the itching. and was never really gone. well now its back and I can't seem to get rid of it. here is a picture of the area that Im talking about.

I have been scraching it repeatedly and trying NOT to but at night it feels like its just worse, and It feels like its under the skin then on it as far as what is itchy, in the shower I use a scrub brush so thats why the red spots.

really itchy
soreness
very tired all the time

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 10-01-2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

point08 HB User
Re: Itchy skin- (groin, scrotum) fungus/yeast

It sounds like you have a fungus infection. A really cheap remedy is to mix a tsp of baking soda in half a glass of water and apply to the area several times a day for as long as it takes.
Wearing briefs also makes a perfect breeding ground for fungus to thrive. Warm, moist and dark.
Switch to boxers with loose leg openings and this will allow air to circulate in that area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
(male)

Looknfohelp HB User
Re: Itchy skin- (groin, scrotum) fungus/yeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by point08 View Post
It sounds like you have a fungus infection. A really cheap remedy is to mix a tsp of baking soda in half a glass of water and apply to the area several times a day for as long as it takes.
Wearing briefs also makes a perfect breeding ground for fungus to thrive. Warm, moist and dark.
Switch to boxers with loose leg openings and this will allow air to circulate in that area.
I have been wearing boxers now for the last 13 years, I was perscribed Naftifine, a topical but it dosn't seem to take away the itchyness , I have been using baby powder to keep the area dry and the itchyness goes away a little but its still around if i touch the area over my cloths. I was also given a oral pill fluconazole I just took it yesterday but the systoms are still around. i guess it says to give it up to 3 to 5 days. now only time will tell.

so in the mean time I am showering daily with a baby johnsons shampoo and body wash, to clean the area gently , then drying off with a towel and placing the naftifine on the area , then baby powder.

Closed Thread