It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2002, 07:17 AM   #1

oldswinger45 HB User
Unhappy sore tip of penis

Hi, can anyone help? I've had problems with being 'sore' or 'stinging' at the tip of my penis for years - after sexual activity. I've been for loads of tests (as have all my poor female partners) but they never founf anything and put it down to: "non-specific urethritis - probably stress or lager related."
I usually take some for of cystitis relief sachets for it - but its pretty embarrasing although it does come and go. Recently though, I've noticed a miniscule sore area right INSIDE the tip of my penis (in 'the eye' - so to speak) on one side only. My doctor said he couldn't see it - nor could the guy at the clinic - but it's always there - and often hurting- after sex/masturbation.(I guess it shows more then 'cos the tip gets inflamed with friction anyway) It couldn't be a form of herpes could it? Or is it just a friction thing? And whichever, does anyone know of anything I could take to get rid of it? Zovirax says you can't use it on your genitals... true - or not? Please help if you can - thanks.

Old 07-01-2006, 03:37 AM   #2
(male)

tordek HB User
Re: sore tip of penis

I got the exact same problem, the thing is I've been at the doctor and he gave me some kind of cream that did not help me at all. yet, The pain is very specific in a certain place near the tip of the penis. I'm suffering this problem for years already, I think there maybe something stuck in there.
I remember It happened after a friction between the penis and low class undearwears. from then I've had blood coming out from an injury there, and also problem peeing(pain when peeing, low flow..), pain when ejaculating, and sore red tip of penis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
(male)

riker HB User
Re: sore tip of penis

I have something similar in that I have a sore area near the tip of my penis. I've had this for a fortnight now and it started when I was particularly aggressive with a girl I met. Did it 6 times overnight and even she was sore afterwards. Perhaps unwisely repeated the action the next evening! I used condoms for sex, but did have unprotected fellatio (blowjob). I've checked for warts but I can't find any (having said that, I've read that warts can be too small to be seen just by looking). Some burning sensations when I ejaculate but not when I pee.

So what's the solution assuming it's not a STI or a UTI or some other infection? My theory is that it's an injury and injuries in that area take more time to heal than elsewhere. If correct, then it doesn't help if you continue to aggressively have loads of sex/masturbate, so I've decided to not do anything for the next couple of days/week.

Also, it probably doesn't help if your penis is constantly rubbing against your underwear, so (don't laugh) I've taken some cotton wool and wrapped it around my dick securing it with some elastoplast tape. In addition I'm wearing pretty tight underwear (men's slips from Marks and Spencer).

The point is that, unless you're walking around in the nude, the tip and surrounding area of your penis is going to be grazed on your underwear all day, especially if you're walking around. This then means the recovery time is going to take much longer. The cotton wool lessens friction with my underwear and the tight underwear also means less friction (tight underwear equals less movement).

One other point: I've applied petroleum jelly over the sore area and reapply throughout the day (together with reattaching the cotton wool since it invariably comes loose).

I've had this sort of problem in the past and I recall my doctor telling me that I should wear tighter underwear instead messing around with cotton wool (although he was both impressed and amused with my 'solution').

Anyway, I shall try this for a week and see if I recover - if not I shall see my doctor.

Last edited by riker; 07-02-2006 at 09:37 AM.

Closed Thread