It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 12:18 AM   #1
(male)

misanthrope HB User
Post Orgasm

I have an odd problem when it comes to orgasm and ejaculation.

I can't reach orgasm just by stimulating my shaft. I have to apply pressure to that area between my scrotum and anus (I forget the name of that area now). Is this normal?

I have tried just moving my shaft up and down, but I really have to work at that to reach orgasm. And it's often very exhausting and sometimes I can even end up with a huge headache. Whereas if I use the other method, I can ejaculate and orgasm in less then 5 minutes everytime. Is this a bad idea? I'm wondering how I could climax with a partner if this is the only way I can do it.

Old 09-03-2003, 06:01 PM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
That area is called the perenium. It is sensitive to some, but not others. Yours is definitely sensitive if you can orgasm from rubbing that area. I'm the opposite - I can't feel much of anything in that area.

You say you stroke the shaft of your penis, but I'm not sure how or where you are focusing on. The base of the shaft has hardly any sensation. The most sensitive areas of the penis are the head (glans), and the underside of the penis, just below the glans. So when you're stroking, focus on massaging these areas, not the base of the shaft. Also, try using lubrication if you haven't already.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 08:16 PM   #3
(male)

misanthrope HB User
I guess you could say it's sensitive, but I don't actually just rub that area, I apply a lot of upward pressure on the perenium while I stroke my penis.

I'm uncut, so I don't usually use lube. But I have tried lube and it doesn't really do anything for me. It feels great when I use lube and rub the head of my penis, but I only feel the urge to urinate, not ejaculate. Is this what it's supposed to feel like? When I just masturbate without lube, I don't feel much sensation on my glans, even with my natural precum lubrication. My foreskin doesn't seem to be helping anything.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:55 AM   #4
Inactive

focus HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by misanthrope:
I'm uncut, so I don't usually use lube. But I have tried lube and it doesn't really do anything for me. It feels great when I use lube and rub the head of my penis, but I only feel the urge to urinate, not ejaculate. Is this what it's supposed to feel like? When I just masturbate without lube, I don't feel much sensation on my glans, even with my natural precum lubrication. My foreskin doesn't seem to be helping anything.
When you're about ready to ejaculate, it can feel like you're going to urinate. That's normal. When you get this feeling, don't stop! Keep going, and you will orgasm soon. That could be part of the problem - you may have been stopping just before the orgasm each time.

Since you're uncut, do you pull back your foreskin all the way to reveal the glans? If so, can you stimulate your glans directly, or do you need to use the foreskin? Also, when you pull back your foreskin, there is a strip of skin on the underside of your penis, just below the urethra (pee hole), called the frenulum. It attaches the foreskin to the penis. You can't really see it when the foreskin is forward. Try gently rubbing the frenulum with the foreskin retracted with your finger. You should get some nice pleasure from that.

Old 09-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #5

Variable HB User
Unhappy

I have a similar problem (see my post) but I actually do urinate and it is not only an feeling.
For me too stroking the shaft does nothing and only when I massage the head it feels really good - but then I urinate and I do not ejaculate.

Luckily this has not yet happened to me the times I had sex but then I usually do not orgasm/ejaculate at all. It feels nice but I can go at it for hours without ever going over the top.
This is the most frustrating thing in my life and especially the last few days I have become really depressed because of it.

Old 09-06-2003, 04:13 PM   #6
(male)

JDinCA HB User
Don't worry about it. Do whatever it is that you like when you masturbate. I doubt it will be a problem for you once you start having sex.

Old 09-06-2003, 09:09 PM   #7
(male)

misanthrope HB User
I don't usually retract my foreskin to reveal the glans when I masturbate. I usually masturabate using my foreskin as the "third hand", as I've heard it being called before.

I've heard that the foreskin has a lot of nerve endings that are supposed to increase sensation, but I don't think my foreskin does anything in that department!

Also, regarding the frenulum, I have tried rubbing it, but I don't feel anything pleasurable...is it supposed to be really tight? I have heard that it feels good to massage the frenulum, but how do you go about doing that? I don't seem to feel anything when I touch it.

When I rub the head of my penis, it feels good, but as I keep rubbing, the sensation wears off.

Another thing that I find really weird is that I can't reach orgasm when masturbating in a sitting position, with my legs apart. I can sit and masturbate, but I'll just keep stroking and stroking, without deriving any build up of feeling towards an orgasm. The only way I can sit and masturbate is if I stroke my penis, apply the pressure to my perenium (it feels like I'm pressing something, perhaps the prostate?) AND then extend and flex both my legs in front of me, as if I were squeezing my testicles with my legs or something. It's frustrating...I don't know why I can't ejaculate normally like other guys can.

[This message has been edited by misanthrope (edited 09-07-2003).]

Old 09-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #8
(male)

misanthrope HB User
P.S. When you're masturbating, are your abs and groin muscles flexed? Or are they fully relaxed?

Old 09-08-2003, 05:14 PM   #9

Sublime23 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by misanthrope:
I can't reach orgasm when masturbating in a sitting position, with my legs apart. I can sit and masturbate, but I'll just keep stroking and stroking, without deriving any build up of feeling towards an orgasm. The only way I can sit and masturbate is if I stroke my penis, apply the pressure to my perenium (it feels like I'm pressing something, perhaps the prostate?) AND then extend and flex both my legs in front of me, as if I were squeezing my testicles with my legs or something.
Hello misanthrope,

I have a similiar problem, yet different. I can't reach orgasm through a normal masturbation nor through sex (read my post on "reaching climax" in Mens sexual Health). I masturbate best lying down face up, and when I masturbate in a sitting position, I need to extend my legs forward and flex them, as if forcing the orgasm to happen. I get real tense and then the pleasure is real good. But I don't need to touch my perinium to reach orgasm... If I try normally, I'll just keep stroking endlessly and no climaxing feeling ever comes near!

[This message has been edited by Sublime23 (edited 09-08-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Sublime23 (edited 09-08-2003).]

Old 09-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #10
(male)

misanthrope HB User
That sounds very similar to what happens with me! Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #11

duffman HB User
hi, by the sounds of it i do the exact same thing sublime23 does. i think we all have the same problem guys and i desperately want to fix it. i had sex with this girl about 10 different times and each time there was NO buildup of feeling at all... i mean it felt good but there was just no buildup to orgasm.

its the same thing when i masturbate. if i just sit there relaxed and stroking my penis, the feeling doesnt build up enough. I have to stretch my legs out forward and squeeze them to get past that 'buildup' barrier and then i can orgasm in less than a minute! it sucks! i can't think of anything except stopping (no touching, no NOTHING) for at least a month, which i find very hard to do. ive been using this technique daily for 5 years and i really want to condition myself to be able to orgasm through oral/vaginal sex.

if anyone else has this problem please step up. i read about it for a few days before i registered and i thought i was the only one with this problem.

if anyone has gotten over this problem PLEASE give me an answer to this damned situation

Old 10-08-2003, 08:34 AM   #12
(male)

misanthrope HB User
I am still trying to figure out why I can't ejaculate like other guys can I didn't masturbate for 2 weeks and I still couldn't reach climax without not having to apply pressure on my perineum and stretching my legs out. This is really making me depressed now.

Old 11-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #13

duffman HB User
^^bump^^

just wanna see if my fellow men here are still checking this and are still stuck on their situation. i think i've got some good news and i don't want it to fall on deaf ears.

edit: if not then I'll post a report in a week or two concerning my status and I'll do it in a new thread in both the Men's Health and Sexual - Men's Health forums. i'd still like replies in this post so i can tell you guys (sublime and misanthrope) briefly what i've discovered.

Last edited by duffman; 11-05-2003 at 10:42 AM.

Old 11-05-2003, 05:14 PM   #14
(male)

misanthrope HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman
^^bump^^

just wanna see if my fellow men here are still checking this and are still stuck on their situation. i think i've got some good news and i don't want it to fall on deaf ears.

edit: if not then I'll post a report in a week or two concerning my status and I'll do it in a new thread in both the Men's Health and Sexual - Men's Health forums. i'd still like replies in this post so i can tell you guys (sublime and misanthrope) briefly what i've discovered.
Hey duffman, I'm still here...and still having troubles. I'm interested in what you have discovered, please let us know! How is your masturbationless month going? Are you on day 26 now?

Closed Thread