It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
(male)

abuwinner HB User
loss of sexual sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by c
For about 8 months now, I have been having a gradual loss of sexual sensitivity, with fluctuating periods of almost no sensation to periods of maybe 1/2 to 3/4 full sensation. For the past two weeks, I have had little sexual sensation (except during orgasm, which seem not as strong).

Before I go on, I feel I should explain another problem I've been having which may or may not be related.

About 8 months ago, I noticed that every time I would go, it felt as though my bowel movements were incomplete. The stool would pass normally for a bit and then suddenly it would stop and I could feel a full/stuck-ness in the upper rectal area, and no matter how hard I strained (though I tried not to) nothing would come out; it felt as if there was some kind of "plug" that stopped any more stool from passing, though I still felt the urge.

I'm quite certain that I was (and am) not constipated because my stools would generally be firm to soft and bowel movements would be pretty regular (every day, every other day). I try to eat high-fiber and laxatives didn't help. Even when I had occasional watery stool/diarrhea, I would only go about half to 3/4 what I normally would and then I would feel the "stuckness" and nothing more would come. It also felt as though the rectal openning was becoming narrower (I even noticed it became more difficult to flatulate). There was no blood in stool and generally not too much pain but a lot of discomfort; it felt as though I was in the middle of an interrupted bowel movement for up to hours afterwards.

This conditioned seemed to gradually worsen, and it was manageable at first but this is where the rather alarming side effects come in. Around the time I noticed this problem, I also noticed that I began to loose sexual sensitivity occasionally, especially when it felt that the bowels were severely backed up. I could still function (get erection etc...) it's just that the sensations were reduced, as if I was "numb" down there. This would last for a day to several days and I thought I was just imagining things at first, but this problem slowly got worse as well, and recently I have little to no sensation and it has been going on for at least a week. I'm 23 years old so obviously this is quite bad news. I know that blood flow is essential for sensation and I'm guessing that this blockage is restricting bloodflow to that area.I have also noticed increased difficulty urinating and some pain in the penile area occasionally.

Looking around online, I thought perhaps I have a prolapse of some sort, although I have not found any obvious external protrusions (although the rectum does seem to swell outwards to an extent if I strain).

When I went to see my doctor about it, he just kept insisting that I was constipated and told me to eat more fiber, drink more water, and come back in a month. I asked him to at least check if I have some kind of prolapse so he did a digital rectal exam and said he couldn't feel anything and my prostate was normal. Just yesterday I read about internal intussusceptions and I plan to make another appointment and insist that I have a more thorough examination to rule out any structural problems (and I'm almost certain it is).

Any advice/help is appreciated!
hey cmiller i am really sad to know about the condition...I can understand how hard the condition would be as i am suffering from the same kind of condition.Have you found any remedy for this please help me .....

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-02-2009 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Please do not revive old threads. Posts moved to new thread.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: loss of sexual sensation at 23, help

Part of this, the bloating and BMs, sounds like irritable bowel syndrome. I just got diagnosed with it.
The doctor told me that a teaspoon of psyllium seeds in water (Konsyl, Metamucil, etc), followed by a glass of water will help. He also told me to exercise more, like an hour walk a day.
The lack of penile sensation, I have no idea, but don't believe it is related to the IBS. I would see anoghdf urologist, and a neurologist.
Pain on ejaculation might easily be an infected prostate. That would need to be treated right away, and monitored closely. Sometimes, the antibiotics don't clear it up all the way, and it becomes chronic, which means you have the symptoms whether it is infected or not. If it doesn't clear up from the urologist's antibiotics, go back quickly. You'll either get a longer dose, or stronger antibiotics...enough to head off chronic prostatitis.

Last edited by tommy124; 12-02-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #3
(male)

shaggyjohnny HB User
Re: loss of sexual sensation

well i am very sorry see a doc

Closed Thread