It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
(male)

John Smith 007 HB User
Condoms and Sensitivity

Hi all,
got a question about condoms and sensitivity. I did a search and couldn't find anything that directly addressed my concern.

Simply put, I feel nothing with condoms. Never have, and its an almost instant erection killer. I have not ejaculated using a condom since probably I was about 17. I'm now 38. Probably relevant but an aside issue is I have the same problem with oral.

I'm really not too sure what to do or try at this point, and I recognise that after such a long history with it, there'd be some psychological impact as well. That said I know that I feel nothing with them so that would be the primary issue.

Last few times i've tried i've used the ultra thin condoms so short of not wearing one I'm not too sure where to go from there.

If anyone has any strategies to offer to remedy this I'd be grateful.

Cheers
JS.

Last edited by John Smith 007; 01-02-2010 at 03:56 PM.

Old 01-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User
Re: Condoms and Sensitivity

If you've used the ultra sensitive ones, or the most sensitive ones you can find, and you still have the problem.....Then I'm not sure anyone can recommend anything, other than to use a different method of birth control.

I'm sorry I don't have more to offer.

Regards,

Ex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
(male)

John Smith 007 HB User

Well that's disturbing.. it doesn't address the STD issue though. I don't have one, but for obvious reasons with new partners there's going to be a requirement for prevention etc..

Anyone?

Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
(male)

preza HB User

I've always hated condoms...to the point where I'd sometimes rather go without sex than have sex w/ a condom. Have you tried Crown condoms? They have the been only condom that I can live with. Stilll not great, but worth trying.

Do you have no problem whatsoever lasting awhile in bed usually? I think it's a nerve/sensitivity thing sometimes and some guys just have a less heightened sensitivity and thus condoms have a more negative impact.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
(male)

John Smith 007 HB User

HI Preza, no haven't tried Crown.

I suspect its a combination of poor nerves and age/hormones. Hit 40 this year so test is probably lower than it should be by a long shot. May need some TRT..

Either way doesn't solve my problems grrrr

Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey John Smith.

As a consolation, I don't think any guys like using condoms. For me, and probably for others, there is an almost total loss of sensitivity. Incidentally, I am uncircumcised. As well, my partner was so pleased when we started using the pill -- she appreciated the difference immediately.

That said, I'm interested in your comments:

1. "its an almost instant erection killer." That indicates more than a physical problem. It has never happened to me after rolling on a condom.

2. "I have not ejaculated using a condom since probably I was about 17." Again, that indicates more than a physical problem. I have always ejaculated when using a condom.

3. "Probably relevant but an aside issue is I have the same problem with oral." If you mean that you can't ejaculate with oral sex, it is a side issue and probably not relevant. Inability to climax during oral sex is more common than you might think. I have never done it.

4. "I'm now 38". "Hit 40 this year". Is there something wrong with my mathematics or yours?

John Smith, I wish you well. I believe that your problem is minor -- although you might not think so at this time. It will pass.

Enjoy yourself and leave the worrying to others.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I think someone makes an animal membrane condom. That kind can be very sensitive, though it won't protect against all STDs, in particular viruses.

I also heard that someone makes a custom condom, made to your particular measurements, that were very sensitive. I have no idea if the claim is true.

There is also the female condom, but I have the feeling that most women, at least early in a relationship, would refuse to use it.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

Lily2005 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
I also heard that someone makes a custom condom, made to your particular measurements, that were very sensitive. I have no idea if the claim is true.
There is a product called TheyFit condoms that are available in 70 sizes.

Closed Thread