It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
(male)

James1000 HB User
sugar related sexual problem

Dear All,

for a number of years I have had sexual arousal difficulties - I have noticed that they are related to the amount of sugar or carbohydrate that I eat. If I starve myself of carbs for 2 or 3 days then the problem starts to go away and I feel much better (except for being very hungry!) Has anyone heard of anything like this before?

I thought it might be something to do with intenstinal parasites and have made an appointment to see the doctor. My blood sugar levels are not abnormal so I know that it is not diabetes related thank goodness. I really cant think of any other explanation. I also notice that taking a strong multivitamin has some positive benefit. This is very confusing.

thank you for reading!

James

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
Re: sugar related sexual problem

James:
Just stumpled onto your post. I thought I'd share my experience regarding carbs. I have bad arthritis in my knees. It's to the level that it makes even a trip to the grocery misery. Well, about a year ago I notice the same thing. If I removed simple carbs from my diet and go into a keotosis state where I am burning calories, my knees are so much better it's amazing. Still not perfect, but at least 80% better.

This isn't about a sexual issues of course, but my point is that I think simple carbs impact some of us more than is currently known. I know that if I 'starve' them out of my system, I will experience a much more comfortable life. It makes a huge difference. Now, if I can only figure out why, knowing this positive result, I still have zero resistance to carbs and keep falling back into eating them, then I'll be golden.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User
Re: sugar related sexual problem

I would say you have a sensitivity to sugar/carbs/starch. The only way to deal with it is to avoid sugar as much as possible. In other words concentrate on protein and fats. Such a sensitivity will almost certainly lead to diabetes if you continue to consume too much sugar. You can avoid or reduce the chances of that happening by going the low carb route.

And yes, almost anyone overweight (to name a few) has sugar sensitivity, unless its hormonally caused. Many others find their mood and energy is negatively affected by sugar.

Closed Thread