It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #1
(male)

mtea82 HB User
Post Circumcision Worries: Not enough skin cut off

It's been 2 weeks since I got circumcised. I was cut in South Korea, I'm not Korean though but I have a few worries about my circumcision.

Before the surgery they showed me where they were going to cut with the penis diagram on patient chart file sheet. The cut was below the head, maybe below an inch from the glans. They made a lot of markings, etc.

So far its been healing, but there is some skin that is covering the glans, like half of the glans is exposed. Normally wouldn't most circumcision, the head would be exposed? I think the skin that's covering the glans is the inner foreskin. I'm sure of it because when I retract it, its the skin above the cut scar line that's covering the glans and its of a different color, pinkish. The inner foreskin is not swollen like other people's post circumcision pictures I have viewed, but it's bunched up if I do retract it, it's sort of tender and it looks swollen, but it sort of looks like loose skin. The cut line is swollen still, just the inner foreskin is bunched up above it. I'm wondering is this normal and is this a loose circumcision or high circumcision since there is a bunch of inner foreskin left over and it's bunched up behind the glans?

So far I've been putting ice on the inner foreskin and the cut line. I'm worried that not enough skin was cut off, or I should wait it out and it's perfectly normal?

I need some suggestions, feedback and some points of view.

Thank you so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User
Re: Post Circumcision Worries: Not enough skin cut off

Is there any reason why you wanted a tight cut? More of the nerves are preserved if you aren't cut tight. When I was circumcised I asked that I have some skin left for fun. They gave me an argument but did as I asked and I am pleased. But of course it is a matter of preference. I hope you are satisfied after everything is healed.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
(male)

puggsley2 HB User

The loss of sensitivity has more to do with the style of rather than loose or tight. A tight cut means that the glans skin is pulled tighter than normal which heghtens sensation during sex. This can be achieved no matter what style of circumcision you have. A high cut puts the scar line about 1" from the glans and this preserves some of the old foreskin and the nerve endings it contains. A low cut removes just about all this skin and with it the sensation is reduced. From men who have has adult circs they all agree that tight is good, and tighter is better. High cuts are also recommended as some lose just about all sensation with a low cut.

Last edited by mod85; 10-07-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
(male)

vlakhani HB User

i am 25 year old male, just did my circumcision done before 10 days. but for me my circumcision looks completely fine as i can see the head fully exposed. i guess you should visit the same doc again to ask him and show him your current situation.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:05 AM   #5
(male)

puggsley2 HB User

A adult friend was cut a few months ago but despite asking for a tight result the surgeon took way too little skin off and he was very upset. It took another few months and a different surgeon but he is now happy with a fairly tight cut with the scar just behind the glans. (Low cut). Sometimes you just have to take charge of your own body and demand the doctors do just what you want them to do.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-10-2010 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
(male)

GlenT HB User
Cool Re: Post Circumcision Worries: Not enough skin cut off

I too did not have enough skin cut off when I was an infant--I think. As I go older and heavier the skin started to cover a small area of the head (glans) so that I felt uncomfortable at times. It did not always cover the head but right up to it. I live in a hot climate, and often have to pull back the skin for comfort. I feel incomfortable in going to an MD, who circumcises, to have remove more of the skin for comfort plus would my insurance cover it? Right now as I write this note the skin is in the uncomfort zone. So i can sympathize with you. If I were you, I would return to the MD who did the circumcision and have him remove more. The MD who did mine is no longer living.

Closed Thread