It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
(male)

CmNickle HB User
Suspensory ligament surgery Repair results

Has anyone had or kno someone who has had their suspensory ligament repaired? What were the results?

Old 01-06-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
(male)

jkap HB User
Re: Suspensory ligament surgery Repair results

I have the same issue. I injured myself during sex and believe I've torn or overstretched my suspensory ligament at the base of my penis. Has anyone had the surgery to repair it? Please someone comment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM   #3
(male)

gussm5 HB User

Hey guys,

I too have torn/damaged my suspensory ligament about 3 months ago and it has impacted my sex life tremendously. I have researched but have found very little information on suspensory ligament repair.

I did read one article in Medical News Today that provides some results to a repair surgery. I also found information from Dr. Stephen W. Leslie, MD which makes me think that surgery may not be an option considering the nature of the injury.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-10-2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: please do not post a commercial website

Old 04-10-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
(male)

CmNickle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussm5 View Post
Hey guys,

I too have torn/damaged my suspensory ligament about 3 months ago and it has impacted my sex life tremendously. I have researched but have found very little information on suspensory ligament repair.

I did read one article in Medical News Today that provides some results to a repair surgery. I also found information from Dr. Stephen W. Leslie, MD which makes me think that surgery may not be an option considering the nature of the injury.
What did you learn?

I notice that because the lig is loose it cause the penis to hang. I believe this cause venious leaks..

Old 04-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
(male)

welly88 HB User

Hey guys,

Yeah I have had this done! Probs the first to talk about it on the net!

I am 8 weeks post op now and the results are looking promising.

Full rigidity back, as is upward angle and no constant pain either in flaccid or erect state. No torsion and the hard flaccid is now resolving. Ocassional twinge but nothing major.

I am however still on "bed" rest for the next 2 weeks much to my gf's annoyance and it's all boring missionary until 6 months for best results.

I am lucky <to have learned aboy> the guy who pioneered this surgery. There are 2 of the world experts in London. It's an operation that is very simple and effective but pick your surgeon carefully. A lot will never have done this before!

Any q's drop us a message. I know how down this got me when it happened back in december 2010.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-23-2011 at 06:49 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to welly88:
patrick3333 (12-27-2011)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to welly88 For This Useful Post:
ln79 (01-31-2012), tk7788user (01-27-2012)
Old 04-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
(male)

CmNickle HB User

What type of procedure did you have? What was you problem in the first place?

Last edited by Administrator; 04-23-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
(male)

Dani17 HB User

Wow! This is great news. Thank you for the valuable feedback.

I have been looking for doctors that even know anything about this, of which I have had no luck. I just saw a doctor today but he indicated that my suspensory Ligament is fine and that I may have some minor soft tissue damage but nothing can be done.

Regardless of his findings, I still see a huge difference when I am erect. I still feel as though my penis is not attached to my body, it curves to the right and I experience a constant pain when erect. This a major issue for me. I need to get this fixed.

Last edited by Administrator; 12-24-2011 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Please read the Posting Policy of this board, thanks.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:33 AM   #8
(male)

welly88 HB User

I will just ans the questions here.

I had a penile suspensory ligament repair. 5 non absorb-able sutures were placed from the penile tunica to the midline of the pubic symphisis.

My original symptoms were mild discomfort during sex on the initial inncident (bent down to far).
Having sex the second time probably made things worse and from there my penis took on a hard flaccid status for most of the time with slight bruising on the dorsal surface at the base.

I could only get 3/4 erections at best with a lot of pain. I had an MRI and a doppler ultrasound to rule out penile fracture or venous leaking. I was then told to wait by my local urologist for things to heal. I wasn't happy with this.

So after much research I diagnosed my own problem. I had a partially torn PSL on the right side.

If you have a full tear there will be a palpable gap above your penis.

Any curves and this is more likely to be peyronies disease as a result of plaque formation due to trauma. This can be rectified with a nesbitt procedure. If you have PSL damage as well this can all be done in one op.

As for not feeling "attached" this is probably a PSL issue.

Most people and "experts" no nothing about this problem!

The operation is not usually covered by insurance and costs around £1500. I got mine free but that was through medical links etc.

In the meantime, Leave your dicks alone!!!! Stop testing them out. Your body needs to heal. This isn't a problem that fixes quickly. It may spontaneously heal on its own. 6 months is your time frame for rest on a ligament.

Heat packs and rest!

Leave it alone! and stop worrying about it as much, it will heal if you see the right person and LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

< edited >

Last edited by Administrator; 12-24-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
(male)

welly88 HB User

I hope this helps all you guys out and you are now feeling a bit better about the whole situation.

I know that there is no one on the internet who has openly replied to others about having this fixed so I am doing this for the greater good of man! Hopefully this makes finding all you need to know a lot easier.

Sorry for breaking up the message in this way, it was too long as one post?!

Old 04-23-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
(male)

welly88 HB User

This is a link to the only paper regarding Penile Suspensory Ligament Damage and it's repair published by the British Journal of Urology. It will help identify if this is really your issue. The admin team have kindly let me share it with you.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1464-410X.2007.06551.x/full

Preapproved by Administrator

I hope I have been of help. Good luck guys. Sure you will have a few more q's though.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
(male)

Dani17 HB User

Hello Welly88,

Happy to hear you have had good results on your procedure.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you experienced? Was this an out patient process? How long was the surgery? Did you experience much pain afterwards? Did you have to take pain meds subsequently? Did your insurance cover it?

Any feedback would be great. Thanks again for sharing.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-23-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Old 04-23-2011, 06:36 PM   #12
(male)

Dani17 HB User

Welly88,

Please disregard my last post. I just saw your response to my post of 4.22.11. Thank you again for all your feedback. Pelase keep us posted. I am gathing details to have this procedure done myself.

Old 04-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #13
(male)

welly88 HB User

I will ans anyway.

Yes it's outpatient. Surgery time 15 mins (30mins under). Painful but I was doing normal stuff the next day (sport in 2 wks). Pain meds and antibiotics usually (I didn't use pain meds). I got mine free, but most insurance won't cover it if you mention ED. Just mention that this is to rectify constant pain felt all the time due to a damaged suspensory ligament.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:53 PM   #14
(male)

marvelfan2097 HB User

does putting heat on it help? i usually take cold showers

is there a doctor in the states that performs the procedure?

or is there a doctor i can contact to get a recommendation?

Last edited by marvelfan2097; 06-24-2011 at 12:38 PM.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #15
(male)

aloneinthek HB User

Hi CmNickle,

Have you found the right surgeon for your torn ligament?

Can you list your symptoms?

Thanks

Closed Thread