It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #1

bill sweet HB User
pain in testicals

recently i have pain on the top of my left testical, it is slightly bigger than my other one and there are these bumps coming from inside the scrotum and it looks like the pain is coming from there, the pain is off and on usually for 5 to 20 minutes. ive had no injuries of any sorts at all, it just sorta started. im very scared and dont know what to do, if anyone knows if this is serious or fatal or anything of that sorts please respond, thank you

Old 01-20-2002, 03:38 PM   #2
Inactive

hihopes68 HB User
Re: pain in testicals

Hi Bill:

This is a female, but I had my hubby read this one, and he said to get to a urologist, ASAP...In 1999, he started walking bow legged because of the pain in the right testicle...He went to our primary Doc and he diagnosed him with a testicle infection and put him on antibiotics for 20 days...On the last day, I called Doc and told him he was worse...(Although, since have found out that usually thats what they think it is at first)...Doc said for him to come in immediately...He took one look and immediately sent him to the urologist office which was next door...Prim Doc said he had never seen anything grow that fast...Urologist sent him to hospital for immediate tests, and w/in 2 hours, my husband had had a sonogram, cat scan and other tests and was set up for surgery in two days...They removed the testicel...It was testicular cancer...After this he was sent to a surgeon at UVA Hospital to decide what to do next...They decided he would not need chemo, but thought a lymph node dissection would probably be a good idea, although from the MRI's - no nodes were supposed to be cancerous but there was an 80% chance that if the cancer spread that's where it would go...We decided since he was already down from the first surgery to go ahead with the 2nd...W/in one month of the 1st surgery, he had the node dissection...After nine hours on the table, the doc came and told me that they took out 50 nodes and that 7 were cancerous that he new of...When the lab reports came back, 9 were actually cancer...He was in the Hospital recovering for 8 days...This was a very major surgery...Went back two weeks later, the tumor board at UVA said still he did not need chemo...But they would closer monitor him with cat scans and blood work every month for 2 years...Did blood work that day...That was Friday...We were both out on Tuesday of the next week and came home to 5 phone messages from his Doctor's nurse telling us that she needed to speak to us ASAP...Then gave us her home number to call her there and told us that he needed to report to UVA the next day to start chemo...His blood work came back and his tumor markers were elevated, which meant the cancer had spread...We were scared to death...He went through 9 weeks of very aggressive chemo, with 5 days being hospitalized every 3 weeks and an injection of chemo every Wednesday...We never found out where it had spread to, because that was important, they just wanted to get rid of it...But thank God, on July 4th 1999, his last day of chemo he was completely cancer free...This past Tuesday, he went for his quarterly check up and the Doc told him he did not have to come back for a year because he was the healthiest cancer patient he had...There is only a 5% chance of the cancer returning and if it does, it will be most likely w/in 5 years of onset...So we have only two years to go...

Just to let you know-Testicular Cancer for the most part is not life threatening if taken care of promptly...My husbands was a very fast spreading germ cell cancer as they called it...And it spread faster than most...He was 33 years old at the time...

One thing he does say is if it wasn't for me, he probably would have been in a lot of trouble...He would never have gone to the Doc as soon as he did...I MADE him go...No man wants to go have a Doc look at their testicles...But as my husband said, don't procrastinate (sp?), make and appointment with an Urologist tomorrow...Although, you may have to see your Primary Care Physician first if you have insurance and need the referral...

My husband now calls himself "Lefty"!!!!Sorry, so long but wanted to stess the importance of getting to the doctor immediately...It very well may not be cancer, but it's better to be safe than sorry...

We'll be praying for you...It may very well just be an infection that can be cured with antiobiotics...

Jim and Hope<p>[This message has been edited by moderator1 (edited 02-04-2002).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2002, 03:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

What you're describing isn't normal and you shouldn't be having pain like that. See a doc and find out what is going on, hopefully it isn't anything serious but to wait could be worse. Let us know what you find out!

Old 01-29-2002, 04:04 PM   #4

jbyrd2000 HB User

I had a similar experience and kept it to myself for years. I know that it is embarassing to bring up. Finally it got to the point where it was hurting constantly, where i couldn't wear briefs. I went to a urologist and the next day i was having surgery getting my right testical removed. I had tumor that took up 1/3 of it. The good news was it was benign tumor. But if i was you i wouldn't wait to get that taken looked at. ASAP

Closed Thread