It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2001, 05:21 AM   #1

project HB User
some sort of rash

ok ive had this rash for some time now that comes and goes. it usually appears either on my hips or my lower back, almost always around my underware line. because of its placement my underware seem to bother it and make it itch. when it itches it flares up into these big red bumps that itch really bad. they dont seem to be filled with fluid, but more like a hive or something. when they go away they leave sort of a brown spot on my skin. when it comes back it usually comes back in the same spot. my skin is pretty dark but its noticable. do you think this is some kind of std??? please help its startin to really suck and im gettin worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-09-2001, 07:41 AM   #2
Unregistered

Re: some sort of rash

It is quite possible that you are suffering from some kind of Dermatitis (Inflammation of the dermal layer of the skin) or maybe have some eczema. Both of which are treated with creams generally, steroidal.

It would be a good idea to see your local doctor when you actually have this rash and he/she can check it out for you and make a more definative diagnosis!

cheers,

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2001, 02:15 PM   #3
Inactive

vnmlln HB User
Re: some sort of rash

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by project:
<B>ok ive had this rash for some time now that comes and goes. it usually appears either on my hips or my lower back, almost always around my underware line. because of its placement my underware seem to bother it and make it itch. when it itches it flares up into these big red bumps that itch really bad. they dont seem to be filled with fluid, but more like a hive or something. when they go away they leave sort of a brown spot on my skin. when it comes back it usually comes back in the same spot. my skin is pretty dark but its noticable. do you think this is some kind of std??? please help its startin to really suck and im gettin worried. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could very well be from your laundry detergent especially if it has fragrance in the product. Many detergents do not rinse out of our clothes when washed with a clothes washer. Try washing your underwear in plain water for a time or two to make sure that the detergent residue is all rinsed out. Then change to a laundry product that is unscented and one that rinses out easily.

Does this rash come more frequently when you are quite warm and sweaty? If so, it may be something like "jock itch". It can also come from something like the insect called jiggers which love to bite in the areas you describe.

Topical creams, especially steroid creams, do nothing for the cause, but may actually make matters worse. Until you find what is causing the problem, you will continue to have problems with it. When God created humans, He gave us neat things like a rash, so that we would know that we are doing something that is hurting our bodies.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!<p>[This message has been edited by moderator3 (edited 09-10-2001).]

Closed Thread