It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2001, 08:35 AM   #1

SolihullTeenager HB User
Hair 2day - gone 2morrow.

I have a question?? How much hair should a boy have? I'm 17 and i have 2 shave everyday on my face 2 look smart. But i also have a hairy chest, atm i shave it off, as i'm too embarrased of showing my hairy chest 2 the world and it's army, but it's really annoying, as i have 2 shave my chest nearly everyday aswell.

so can anyone tell me their opinion on chest hair and does anyone know of any other methods of keeping the hair away for longer?

thanxs

Old 06-03-2001, 07:31 PM   #2

straightleg HB User
Re: Hair 2day - gone 2morrow.

Entirely depends on your heritage. I'm American Indian and German, and in the body hair department, my face and chest are almost untouched by hair. I can grow a goatee/mustache fine, but nothing else. I have all of five hairs on my chest. My oldest son has more hair on his chest than I do, LOL!

There's not much you can do about it. You can either leave it, or make it part of a daily or weekly grooming routine. Epilstop?? (see it advertised on TV here in the states) might be a longer solution than simply shaving. Some women like the Austin Powers gig, some don't.

straightleg

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2001, 04:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

It is purely genetic and nothing you can do except remove it by any method you choose. Yes, it's common for us to shave daily, at your age if I was going out I needed to shave again before leaving that night...which is why I decided to grow a beard! Never worried about the chest hair or anywhere else, I see that as part of being a man. However, there are many men who remove it for various reasons, sports, they don't like it or their wives/gf's don't like it. So, the choice is yours as to whether or not to keep it. Just know that once you start shaving it in other places, it's just like your face. It'll get stubbles, be *****ly and it WILL grow back..often thicker than before! Some of us are just more hairy than others.

Old 06-04-2001, 10:03 AM   #4
Inactive

eweejoe HB User

I know it's easy for me to say, being a female, but I would just let the chest hair grow and not worry with shaving it. I know there are MANY women who LOVE hairy chests. It is nothing to be ashamed of at all! It is like one of those 'penis size' things, of course there are going to be people out there who don't like hairy chests, but I believe they would be a very small percentage, and if they are THAT shallow, they aren't worth having anyway. Try your best to be comfortable in your own skin, I really think you'd be pleasantly surprised.

Take Care!

Sherri.

Old 06-05-2001, 07:06 PM   #5

Kista HB User

Since we're on the subject...

What do you know about laser hair removal?

I would love to have my pubic hair permanently removed.

Old 06-10-2001, 08:43 AM   #6
Unregistered

Hi Kista!!
well this is in reply to ur question on what we think of laser treatment to remove ur pubic hair.
well what i can say from what i think is that it sounds really good.
imagine not having to worry about removing that hair by shaving or waxing or watever to it.
i love the pubic hair on the girls shaved.
and well here in australia from what i know, what they do is first shave the hair u want the treatment on and then they do the laser.and the laser like burns the hair or watever.and then u would probably need a few treatments to make sure it can be permanently removed.all depends on the hair type and how much etc. im sure its the same in the country u live in.
well u probably know what they do 4 laser treatment and the best thing to find out would probably going in and asking about it. i dont think u need to worry about if its going to be painful in that area. even if it could be painful, think about the end result which is more longer lasting. if there is pain it only for days but the results could be no hair down there forever. and it would be nice and smooth in that area and u wont have to worry about removing the hair there. sounds really great to me.

Closed Thread