It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2002, 02:23 AM   #1

flynntodd HB User
Masturbation & orgasm before puberty

This subject got brought up in another topic space, but is sufficiently independent from that topic that it should have its own space opened up.

The following is taken from that discussion:

<<... boys only start to produce sperm (and therefore the ability to ejaculate) once they enter adolescence,usually around the age of thirteen. However,most boys masturbate before they reach this age. During this time,they experience orgasm without ejaculation.
Many boys continue to masturbate after orgasm, and since they do not ejaculate they maintain their erection. Alfred Kinsey... reported that half of all preadolescent boys(around 12 or younger) were able to experience two orgasms in a row,and almost a third were able to experience five or more one after the other. >>

Interesting comments, though they don't exactly match up with my own experience. Maybe I just wasn't in that other "half" of the pre-pubescent population. For probably a couple of years before starting into puberty at age 12, I certainly did masturbate regularly, a few times a week, and I know some of my buddies of the same age did so. I had full orgasms--dry ones--that I don't remember being noticeably different from the ones after puberty, except that there was no precum or semen involved.

But after reaching a climax, there was the same big drop in sexual interest that usually occurs with adults, and my "hard-on" promptly went away. It wouldn't have occurred to me to try to "do it" again--I wouldn't have had any desire to.

I remember being surprised AFTER hitting puberty that I occasionally DID want to masturbate again (or keep masturbating, however you want to put it) right after experiencing one orgasm, and could do so, keeping a full erection after ejaculating, and starting up the stroking process again almost immediately--and,incidentally, with no noticeable difference in the (copious) amount of precum and semen produced, or the shooting force of the ejaculation, the second time around. That "repeat action" never once happened before puberty--I wouldn't have had any desire to keep stimulating myself after the "big feeling" had come and gone.

I'm not saying that other pre-pubescent boys don't have these "multiple orgasms," but I admit to being skeptical about it. I certainly didn't experience them, and in talking to a few other buddies about such things at the time, never heard any of them indicate that they had that experience. I think that for all of us in that group, it was a "once at a time" scenario at that stage of our sexual/reproductive development.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2002, 12:35 PM   #2

foosballfan HB User
Re: Masturbation & orgasm before puberty

I was 11 1/2 or so when I started masturbating, and at first nothing ejaculated. It was maybe a year or more, I really can't remember, before I could ejaculate. The main feature, however, that I recall about jacking off back then in the good old days was that once my orgasm started, my dick was way too sensitive to keep touching for a few minutes afterwards. I'm cut, and this still was a factor. My friend was uncut, and he said the same thing. I never was able to have any kind of multiple orgasms, I could jack off again in about 20 or 30 minutes after the first one. It seems like the orgasms were a little different back then, some different quality about them, but not anything that dramatic.

Old 02-11-2002, 12:03 AM   #3

Renn HB User

i too masturbated and had orgasms (just one at a time) before puberty, but i dont remember how often or how long before puberty. i would guess about a year, but it could have been more or less than that. i just remember there was a period when i had discovered the act and orgasm (not sure i even knew the word, but i sure knew the feeling) and everything stayed dry, nothing came out when i finished. i think i was probably 11 when the first drops began appearing when i would get to the 'big reward' moments and would have to be careful not to breathe too loud. as for 'multiple orgasms,' i don't know anything about that. i would just do it and when it was over i didnt need to do it again till 'next time,' which was probably a night or two later, or more. i sure don't recall my stiffy lasting long after a climax, or my playing with it (stiff or not) after reaching my goal.

Old 02-11-2002, 12:26 AM   #4

foosballfan HB User

Yeah, I remember the milestones of puberty; the first pubic hairs, the first hairs in my armpits, the voice cracking all the time, the hairs on my face and chest, very interesting and scary.
I also remember the first time anything ever came out with an orgasm. My best friend(6 months older than me and about that much ahead of me in puberty) had told me about "***" and what it supposedly was, but I had no idea until it finally happened to me.
<p>[This message has been edited by HB_SXPatrol (edited 02-11-2002).]

Closed Thread