It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2001, 11:50 PM   #1

dmw HB User
Is clear semen anything to be concerned about?

Is it normal for semen to be a clear colour all the time? Does that have any implications as far as fertility or anything else to be concerned about?

Thanks

Old 07-16-2001, 02:36 AM   #2

MrDarling HB User
Re: Is clear semen anything to be concerned about?

Dear dmw,

I have had clearer semen a few times when I have masterbated numerous times in one day. Is there any burning or irritation along with it?

Mr. Darling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2001, 01:46 PM   #3

dmw HB User

I am actually asking for my son who has mentioned concern about it. No pain, that is just the norm for him and he thought it means he is sterile or might have other problems. I have been trying to research it to either ease his mind or suggest he see a doctor about it, depending on what I can find out. He was injured when he was young, and a big part of his injury involved his urethra being ripped apart and then needing to be put back together and also eventually an artificial device put in to give him control of his urination. Everything functions fine for him sexually, but concerns about his semen being clear and possibly being sterile came up in a conversation with him a few days ago.

Old 07-16-2001, 02:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

When you mentioned the artificial device for controlling urination, I was thinking that there is a possibility that the Vas Deferens duct is blocked. The clear ejeculate is probably seminal fluid. I heard that sperm is the white/yellow substance in semen. Urine, sperm and seminal fluid all join in the same area of the prostate and there might be damage or blockage due to his injuries/devices. You should have your son submit a sample of his semen to be tested as a start.

Old 07-18-2001, 06:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

How old is your son? Is he just becoming sexually active through masturbation? Clear semen is common during early adolescence and puberty, its different for all of us but often it takes a while for everything to be performing 100%. Ejaculations will change from time to time in color, consistency and amount. Normally, you'd be looking for a whitish/creamy color with some yellow jelly-like substance as part of the ejaculation. However, this depends on MANY different factors. Hope this helps!

Old 07-18-2001, 12:24 PM   #6

dmw HB User

He is 20 years old. The AUS (artificial urinary sphincter) is below his prostate. I am not sure how long he has been sexually active in any sense, but I know puberty was a few years ago, not recently. He is (understandably) reluctant to return to a doctor about anything unless he is having pain or other problems where he feels he HAS to go. Problems from his accident have been part of his life off and on since he was 5 years old and he is very tired of going to the doctor, especially for problems in that area. He is pretty fed up. (Can't say I blame him.) He has said there are no other problems with it, no pain or other problems. It was just the colour of it that has made him wonder about things, particularly that he may be sterile, but when the AUS was put in (about age 13), we were told since it is below the prostate that it should not affect him sexually or in fertility.

Closed Thread