It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2002, 10:06 AM   #1

17yo_uk HB User
Tight Frenulum...

Hi all,

About the middle of August last year I came to this board with what I thought, amoung other things, was phimosis (tight foreskin). Since that time I have been stretching the forskin over the glans and I can now fully retract the forskin when fully erect. I thank the people who gave me advice on that one.

My problem now is, however, that the bit of skin attaching the forskin to the glans (frenulum?) hurts when I am almost fully erect and the foreskin is retracted. This is discomforting and means I must put the foreskin forward again.

What can I do about this?

Thank you in advance.

Jus

Old 01-29-2002, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Re: Tight Frenulum...

Do the exact same thing you did with the foreskin. Pull back on the foreskin so that the frenulum is being stretched. Keep it up and you'll get there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2002, 04:51 AM   #3
Unregistered

Congratulations! You've perservered and done well. I agree with sdp that you stretch the frenulum in exactly the same fashion, pulling it back as far as you can without actual pain as often as you can. Let us know how you go.

Old 01-30-2002, 05:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Good job, I think I was probably one of the guys who helped with the stretching stuff as we get that question quite frequently here, I'm glad things are better there, feels good doesn't it? Yep, do the same thing with the frenulum, just keep gently stretching it being careful not to tear it, in time you'll have no pain at all!

Old 02-03-2002, 11:40 PM   #5
Unregistered

Sounds like you have done a good job there! Just be very careful if you are going to stretch your frenulum that you do not force it back to much or it will get a tear in it and possibly bleed which in itself is harmless but very annoying and very common. One option is to use some weak steroid cream applied locally to the area to help stretch the frenulum. You don't want to tear the frenulum when you are pulling it back and then causing it to develop a scar which makes it tighter. It is quite widely acknowledged that just plains stretching doesn't help always and that a topicl based steroid cream is more beneficial in this case. You need to see your local doctor or Urologist to prescribe the creams.

The other option if this does not work is to have a frenuloplasty which is where the frenulum is cut across ways and sewn up the opposite direction. This completely cures the problem but does require a trip to the Theatre for it to be done.

Good luck let us know how you get on!

------------------
-------------------------
Nurse_oz is a Registered Nurse who works in a Major Paediatric Hospital in Australia

Closed Thread