It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2001, 05:59 AM   #1

tim29 HB User
Penis Problem...Yeast Infection???

A few days ago I noticed a very fishy smell coming from my penis. Upon inspection, I found a white cottage cheese like substance formed just under the head. It is very difficult to wash off, but does come off with some effort. I am circumsized, and I have not had any pain, itching, or redness. There is no discharge coming from inside my penis. I have searched the net and the best I can come up with is yeast infection. Does this sound right, and if so...should i go to the doctor or is there over the counter treatment for men like there is for women?

Old 08-30-2001, 09:06 AM   #2
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User
Re: Penis Problem...Yeast Infection???

You need to see your doctor. You dont know for sure what it is in the first place so trying to treat it could lead to more problems. So your best bet and safest is to see your doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2001, 07:48 PM   #3
Unregistered

Sounds like a doctors visit for you....However, we can use the same things that women use for yeast infections...take care.

Old 09-20-2001, 07:38 PM   #4

SuPeRMaN5 HB User

I have come across a very similar problem and I'm wondering if someone can help me out too. I had sex with my girlfriend and she had mentioned to me before that the inside of her vagina had been itching her and she thought it was maybe a yeast infection. The day after I had sex with her my penis started to itch and a day later it had a white film over it and each day some of the film came off little by little and now it's almost gone and itches just a little. I'm guessing it goes away by itself but does anybody know what this is? is it a male yeast infection or what?

Old 09-20-2001, 08:05 PM   #5
Inactive

whitewolf95 HB User

Superman you need to go see your doctor for proper treatment. It may look like it is going away but it can reaccur and cause some BIG problems. Your gf should also go get checked out beucase you wwo will wind up passing it back and forth which again can lead to BIG problems.

Old 09-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

SuPeRMaN5,

I'm assuming you're not circumcised, because it is much easier to get a yeast infection from your partner if you're not. If it is a yeast infection, you can just get the female over-the-counter yeast infection cream (like Monistat)and apply it on the head and under the foreskin daily for about 5 days. The doctor is going to tell you the same thing unless you want the oral treatment (diflucan). Make sure you are both treated because you definitely can pass it back and forth.

Closed Thread