It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2001, 10:17 PM   #1

Adam123 HB User
dry skin on penis head

I've had dry red skin on my penis head for over a year. Through the time I noticed that if I masterbate the dry skin becomes redder, so I put moisturizer on my penis head when I masterbate and it doesn't get worse.

I've tried going a couple of days without masterbating while reapplying moisturizer on the spot, but it doesn't work...or it might work, but the longest I went without masterbating was a week(I couldn't help it) I also tried using antifungal cream for a little while but that didn't help either. I absolutely do not want to go to a doctor about this. It's not an std and it doesn't hurt at all, its just well...THERE! I'd appreciate any help or advice. Thanks alot.

Old 09-07-2001, 06:10 AM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
Re: dry skin on penis head

We need to know if you are circumcised or not before answering this. It sounds as if you may be circumcised, but I'm not sure. In any event, you should try applying Vaseline to the head twice a day. Vaseline acts as a very good moisturizer and protects the skin from further irritation. I also recommend that you always masturbate with lots of lubrication using hand lotion or Vaseline, baby oil, etc. Do not use soap, and do not wash your penis with soap for a while in the shower either - just rinse it with water. Soap can sometimes dry your skin out too much by washing away all the natural skin oils. The head of the penis has its own unique skin oils that isn't found anywhere else on the body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2001, 07:59 PM   #3

Adam123 HB User

Yes I am curcumsized, and I have tried putting vaseline on it and it didn't help, but then again I've always washed my penis with soap so maybe if I apply vaseline on my penis head for a while and just rinse my penis with water in the shower it might help a little. If I put vaseline on my penis head and then put on my cloths wouldn't the vaseline probably come off?

Old 09-07-2001, 08:40 PM   #4
(male)

Slummy HB User

It is possible that you have a spot of eczema or psoriasis. There are some creams at the drug store, but I would be careful since this is a sensitive area, and some of the creams say not to use them on the genitals. A doctor would be your best choice since nothing else seems to be working.

Old 09-07-2001, 09:11 PM   #5
Inactive

focus HB User

Is this red dry spot just on the head of your penis, or on the shaft? With a circumcised penis the glans is supposed to be dry since its not getting any protection and moisture from the foreskin. That's one of the disadvantages of being circumcised: the head gets dried out and thickens and the skin gets harder with fissures and thus looses sensitivity compared to one protected by a foreskin all the time.

Old 09-07-2001, 10:33 PM   #6

Adam123 HB User

No its just on the head. It's weird though, when I first noticed this problem I masterbated and it got redder. Then when I put moisturizer on the spot it got better, but thats it! It didn't go away It just got a little better. I don't know, it kinda seemed that the moisturizer would just make it a little less red, but it wouldn't completely go away.

Old 09-07-2001, 10:59 PM   #7

bazzarae HB User

Slummy hit it on the head.....I bet it's a touch of psoriasis....easily controlled. Looks a lot worse than it is, scary at first but you get used to it.

Old 09-08-2001, 07:46 PM   #8

Adam123 HB User

No it's not psoriasis. I know what psoriasis is and I don't have that. It's just dry skin, not even noticable except of course to me.

Old 09-13-2001, 09:50 PM   #9

hankal HB User

I think I have a similar problem. I've had it for a month and it still hasn't gone away!!

Closed Thread