It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2001, 07:44 PM   #1

Lightning HB User
Question

I am sorry, its embarassing posting this.

The post below this one made me curious about hemorrhoids and made me think that anal intercourse would cause it. Anyway, I just found out that thats not true but I also found out that the symptoms of hemorrhoids are blood after a bowel movement and itching or pain. I havn't actually felt a bump and don't have any pain but I did have blood after BM about 3 times (2 of them on the same day). I didn't think much of it because I had a small injury first time I tried anal and the bleeding happened right after and happened the 3 times that I mention in the follwing weeks. So the bleeding could have been due to the injury. But then I also remember that one day, there was some bad itching for about an hour or two. Thats basically it and I am very sorry to post this but for some reason, I am a little concerned and wanted to know how I could check to be sure?

Thanks

Old 11-03-2001, 10:40 PM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
Re: Question

Well the bad itching is a clear sign of hemorrhoids. Bleeding hemorrhoids are very common, and aren't anything to worry about. It's the veins in the anus that pop out and can be easily ruptured when having a bowel movement or using toilet paper. They can also be ruptured by anal sex or masturbation.

I get these too from time to time. I find they don't flare up if you don't "push" too hard when doing #2, if you know what I mean. If you do anal masturbation or sex, use LOTS of lube to help prevent hemorrhoid flare ups and bleeding. You basically can't use to much - the more lube you use, the better.

Hemorrhoid ointment such as Preparation-H works well too to keep the itching down and help reduce the swelling.

It's good that you are concerned and noticed the blood though, and thought to ask for help. Sometimes blood in the stool can be a sign of big problems such as colon cancer. Sometimes people ignore it until its too late.

But in your case you have nothing to worry about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread