It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2001, 07:42 PM   #1

socrates HB User
rash???

Hey guys, can any one help me find out what is going on, this has happened about 2 or 3 times in the last year, I am uncut,and at the very tip of my foreskin i get a very dry ring around the tip of the foreskin,it hurts like hell to pull back on the foreskin, the "ring" is dry to the point of almost bleeding after a few days it starts to go away.
I am in a monogamous relationship so I know its not an STD
any help would be appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2001, 06:03 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: rash???

Hate to but I have a few questions, I'm uncut also, so I'm trying to figure out more of what may be going on. First, are you able to retract the foreskin all the way over the head of your penis? Do you keep the area clean daily? Do you notice this problem after sexual intercourse? Can you identify a particular time when this condition happens? Is there any bleeding at all? How long have you had this happening to you? Sorry for all the q's,but need some more info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2001, 02:35 PM   #3

socrates HB User

The answer to your first ? is yes I can pull my foreskin clear back to the base of my penis, ? #2 yes I pull back the foreskin in the shower and wash it clean daily, ? #3 No I dont notice after intercourse, it just happens 2 or 3 times a year just out of the clear blue, nothig different, ? #4No, there is no particular time, it begins with a bit of itching on the tip of the foreskin and after about 2 or 3 days the skin right at the tip starts to get really dry to the point of nearly bleeding on some of the extra dry areas

Old 06-10-2001, 10:11 PM   #4
Unregistered

It is quite possible that you are having bouts of Balanitis. It is generally an inflammation of the tissues of the foreskin or glans of the penis. It isn't passed on sexually generally so you don't need to worry. I have the same problem occassionally also. Do you use soap to wash your foreskin and penis. Or do you masturbate regularly. Often it is caused by a harsh soap on the skin and therefore it becomes inflamed. Try sorbolene to clean the foreskin in the shower. But generally I advise people not to use anything. Just warm water is fine! See how that goes!

Old 06-11-2001, 05:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

THANKS for asking all those questions. I've never had this before but I have had that annoying slight tearing of the foreskin after unlubricated masturbation or sex. In addition to what Nurse_Oz suggested I believe you could also try any hand cream when you noticed it starting. This will keep the skin softer and less likely to split. May also help with the itching!

Old 06-11-2001, 09:44 AM   #6

socrates HB User

Nurse_oz thanks for the prompt answer,I think your exactly correct, I have done some research on balnitis and its good to know how its cuased and how to take care of the problems, thanks again

Old 06-11-2001, 08:50 PM   #7
Unregistered

No problems!

Old 06-11-2001, 11:01 PM   #8

socrates HB User

Hi Nurse_oz, I noticed in your profile that you were a registered nurse and you dealt in pediatrics , would you mind answering a few questions about my 5 year old daughter,
Iknow this isnt the correct forum but I dont know where else to ask<p>[This message has been edited by socrates (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old 06-13-2001, 10:30 PM   #9
Unregistered

No problems Socrates, just feel free to email them to me if you wish. I will endevour to get the answers!

Closed Thread