It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2001, 12:42 PM   #1
(male)

college_dude HB User
Attraction to other guys

Just curious, do any of you guys ever feel attracted to other goodlooking masculine guys. I am 24, and I have noticed that I feel attracted to cleancut guys with nice looking bodies. This has been going on for like a year now, and I am sorta worried there might be something wrong with me.

I consider myself straight, have always dated women, and I am in a relationship. I really think the idea of two guys having sex is disgusting, yet occasionally I feel attracted to some men.

Just wondering if having occasional **** feelings is something other guys experience.

Old 11-25-2001, 01:57 PM   #2

Freaky HB User
Re: Attraction to other guys

Dude, what you have to ask yourself is...Are you sexually attracted to these other guys or are you admiring their "good looks and personalities"? I'm the type of guy who watches people - all people. I check out women and men, the women for obvious reasons and the men for comparison. I once walked right up to a guy who obviously is a gym freak with a killer body and told him he had a great body and then inquired how many times a week he worked out, etc. At no point did I feel gay or did I get the impression he thought I wanted to give him a b/j. I think men can admire other guys in a non-sexual way. I've also looked at guys tattoos, haircuts, clothes, jewelry, etc. and thought maybe that would look good on me.
I guess what I'm trying to say, Dude, is that... so what if your looking at other guys - and as for feeling attracted to them, if it's nonsexual then it probably in a "I'd like to hang out with this guy" kind of way. I experienced that too. Met the new guy at work last week and I think he's pretty cool and yeah I'd like to hang out with him, shoot some hoops, etc. So yeah I guess I'm attracted to him but I don't want to go down on him. Get my point, Dude?

Don't worry about it! ****, non-**** - we're all human and we all look!

~Freaky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2001, 07:16 PM   #3
Inactive

Marco HB User

Here's a simple way to determine if your attraction is sexual: do you get aroused? If not, you're a breeder.
If so, you have some bi potential.

Be brave, go to a gay bar, have a drink, and then do what comes naturally. (And if it IS sex, do it safely ...)

Old 11-25-2001, 09:08 PM   #4

gwle HB User

I have to totally agree with FREAKY on this topic. I also look at other men in comparison as in height, build, hair, facial features, etc... I don't think of it sexually but in an admiring way. Women do it all the time to each other. I know that men do it too, it's just that we don't admit it as much as women do. I guess that's because of the stigma of being called a "****"!

Old 11-26-2001, 03:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

Sounds normal to me. When you think about it, our bodies are an amazing creation. Those of us who take really good care of ourselves, dress well, look good and all of that can be an inspiration to others who may not do all those things consistently. Checking out others, or paying attention to them is perfectly normal and healthy as it may give something to "aspire" to become. Ever noticed guys in the gym working out and how they "size up" the competition? Think about it, that even happens in the shower and that is not a sexual thing. Personally I think too much weight is put on the whole sexual preference thing anyway, looking doesn't mean you are homosexual, there is so much more to it than that. So don't worry, you sound normal to me and I think others would agree (and do the same thing)

Old 11-27-2001, 05:54 PM   #6
(male)

college_dude HB User

Thanks for the replies, I feel a little better now. I always check out other dudes that I think look cool Just thought that maybe I am kinda weird for doing it.

It is not that I want to get naked with the dude and give him a bj or screw him or anything like that(at least not consciously). It is usually that I just like his face, hairstyle, clothes, the way he acts, talks, mannerisms, etc.

Sometimes I wonder though because there are several dudes in my classes that I just can't take my eyes off of because they look so good. I know at least one of them has noticed me staring at him on occasion. What is really tough is that some of these dudes are close friends of mine.

Some of them I hate to admit, I have gone out of my way to become friends with because I saw them and thought they were goodlooking. They probably wonder why I always stare at them whenever we hang out.

It is not that I am unattractive and wish I were I were like these dudes because I am a very goodlooking guy myself. People compliment me all the time.

Anyway, just glad I am not the only guy that does this. I was starting to wonder if I needed some serious counseling.

Old 11-27-2001, 09:08 PM   #7

gwle HB User

You know you just reminded me of when I was younger. When I was younger and prettier (hahah!), many men would stare at me for no reason at all. It would happen just about everywhere I went, to the mall, at school, gym, parties, etc.. They wouldnt say anything or even make a friendly smile, just stared at me. For the longest time that made me so un-comfortable. Now I understand better.

Closed Thread