It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2001, 12:30 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User
Testicular Ultrasound

I'm 17 years and am having an ultrasound done on my testicles soon. Now, I'm wondering what exactly is going to be done? and who is goind to be doing it. Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2001, 02:30 PM   #2

matteo HB User
Re: Testicular Ultrasound

hi, i do testicular ultrasounds, so here's the deal. you can request a male tech if the place you have it done has one.it would be a little more comfortable for you as there is a risk of getting an erection, especially if it is done by a young female tech. the exam consists you laying on a table, naked from the waist down and somewhat covered by a gown or towel. some warm gel will be applied to your scrotum and the scan is done using a small instument that looks like an electric razor. the probe, as it's called, emits sound waves that produce the images that are then read by a radiologist for diagnostic answers to you problems.
these exams are very accurate in demonstating, testicular cysts, epididymitis(infection), and of course testicular cancers. i am very glad you are having this done because most young men do not do self-exams or tell someone when something down there doesn't feel right....until it's TOO LATE!! i hope everything goes well for you. let me know if you have more questions.
matteo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2001, 08:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

Thanks for the info. Also, how long will this procedure take, especially the application of the gel?

Old 11-19-2001, 03:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

I've never had one of these done before, I'm just gonna encourage you a bit. Sounds as if the chances are pretty good that this is going to cause you to get an erection at some point....if it does DO NOT WORRY! I think many of us would have the same thing happen, just somone else touching our equipment can have that effect and there is NOTHING sexual about it. So, do yourself a favor and don't worry about that part of it, the tech has seen it happen many times. Be glad that you're having the procedure done and you'll know what is going on with the equipment! Let us know how things turn out!

Old 11-19-2001, 06:29 PM   #5

matteo HB User

hi again andrew,
the exam only takes about 30-45 min depending on the tech and any pathology that needs to be imaged. the gel is applied with a squeeze bottle once in the beginning and maybe a few more times durring the test. please don't worry about the erection thing, it happens to some guys but most don't. if you do ,just ignore it, i can assure you the techs do. its not abnormal to have it happen, hell it's warm gel being rubbed on your balls. you wouldn't be human! but as i said that doesn't happen to most, because of anxiety over having the test. matteo

Old 11-22-2001, 07:10 AM   #6

Freaky HB User

I've had this done several times and I too was nervous I'd pop a woody right there on the table. It was a nerve racking experience but I got through it without an erection. Not only do you lay on the table as this is taking place but sometimes you stand in front of the doctor. This was not in my nature to stand in front of another man with my pecker in his face but again...I got through it without any mishaps. You'll be fine and it will be nothing once it's over but I can relate to how you're feeling.

Good luck, brother.
~Freaky

Old 11-23-2001, 05:25 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Andrew29 HB User

I want to thank everyone for their help. I had the ultrasound today and it wasn't what I thought it would be like. And no I didn't get an erection at all. The technician did not find anything wrong, but I believe they're gonna do some more tests with the images they have. Thanks again<p>[This message has been edited by Andrew29 (edited 11-23-2001).]

Closed Thread