It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2002, 12:02 AM   #1

velvetboy17 HB User
Ugly Veins On My Penis!!!!!

Well Im 17 and im not sure if its recentlly or if its always been like this but on the top side of my penis shaft there are 2 seperate veins (quite long) that are this dark purple color. It's wierd cus from the very very begining of the vein its the normal under the skin green color but quickly it turns into the purple color then after awhile it goes into the undertheskin green.

I think it was caused from having worn briefs and having my penis always up against me tight and when I am aroused it would try to straigthen but cant so it might of bent a vein and with hat caused the purplish part. And also when I would take it out of my briefs it hurt to get it straight. It felt as if it was bent and cracked.

Well neways the reason im askin is cause it looks ugly ;( I wanted to know if its normal or if it was caused from the tightened area.

Also I wanted to know if theres nething i can do somethin about it like cream or whatever.

Old 04-06-2002, 08:02 AM   #2
Inactive

focus HB User
Re: Ugly Veins On My Penis!!!!!

I would say its normal, except for the fact that you said it hurts. You shouldn't have any pain in the penis. Pain indicates something is wrong there. It is possible you have ruptured a vein or artery in the penis, or damaged the sponge-like material that holds blood in to make an erection. I recommend you see a urologist for a diagnosis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2002, 10:04 AM   #3

carrad HB User

Hi, Velvetboy,
When you get an erection, the blood becomes engorged in the penis, and is kept there until the erection diminishes.
This causes the veins in your penis to become distended (swollen, or enlarged) over time.
Many men have visible veins on their penises, and it is nothing to worry about. It is just more obvious in some men than others. I'm sure it doesn't look ugly, although I appreciate you might think it does.
If there is any pain, it would be worth atrip to the doctor. But from a cosmetic perspective, you are perfectly normal.

Old 04-07-2002, 10:07 AM   #4

carrad HB User

Hi, Velvetboy,
When you get an erection, the blood becomes engorged in the penis, and is kept there until the erection diminishes.
This causes the veins in your penis to become distended (swollen, or enlarged) over time.
Many men have visible veins on their penises, and it is nothing to worry about. It is just more obvious in some men than others. I'm sure it doesn't look ugly, although I appreciate you might think it does.
If there is any pain, it would be worth atrip to the doctor. But from a cosmetic perspective, you are perfectly normal.

Old 05-06-2002, 03:29 PM   #5

Pacifico HB User

Your penis sounds normal. Many men have prominent veins on their penis. Unless you are currently having pain or some other problem with your penis, don't worry about it. The changes in the color of a vein can also depend on how close the vein is to the surface. Just as each man is a unique individual, each man's penis is unique. A woman who is attracted enough to you to become your sexual partner will find your penis exciting. So be yourself, don't worry, and be glad you are a man. Now I will tell you something that happened to me. Don't worry when you read this experience. This has nothing to do with YOUR veins! I have a large vein on the front of my penis, especially prominent with an erection. I also HAD a small vein near the surface on the underside of my penis. A small section of that vein, right next to my frenulum, became as hard as wood. Intercourse became impossible because of the pain, because normal vaginal pressure squeezed the hard part of the vein into my tissue. It felt like a small stone being pushed really hard into my penis. I was afraid maybe the urologist would tell me that my sexual activity was excessive, that I was doing too much vigorous thrusting too often and for too long at a time, and that I had injured myself somehow. I was masturbating a lot too, so I thought maybe I had overdone it with sex. The urologist said that none of the above was a factor, and that a sclerosed vein in the penis was rare, but just happens. I had outpatient surgery under general anesthesia to remove that part of the vein. The incision was in the frenulum area on the underside of my penis, just below the head. I went home the same day. I had sutures in my penis which were removed after 10 days. He said I could resume sexual activity, but asked me to keep it slow for the next month. After that month I was back to my normal frequency and level of activity. The sensitivity and pleasure was (and still is) just as intense as before. I had a scar that was very visible for a couple of years, and it gradually disappeared. I don't think of this surgery very often but your message reminded me of it. It was the weirdest experience I had ever had!

Closed Thread